A Hidden Circus

"Shh! Shh! Don't awaken her! Don't!"

A voice whispers, shattering my peaceful obliviating state of sleep. People laugh in restrainedly, and shivers crawl up my spine. The voice shushes them again, but they pay no head.

I can't help my eyes from fluttering open. Fear still held it's tight grip around me, and I was completely unsure of my current surroundings.

"She wakes! She wakes!" two snakelike voices say together eagerly. I let out a whimper and cover my head. There is no pool of blood around me any longer, but the cage is enclosed around me, the shadows of the bars stretching out from some source of light outside my prison cell.

The giggles trill on. The noise is highpitched, and feels threatening somehow. I dare to peak open one of my eyes. A pearly white hand is stretched out towards me.

I scream loudly immediately jerking away from this sudden appearence. The memories from the demon hands last night flash before me once more. The horrible horrible demons with the red eyes and razor teeth.

"Shh! Shh! Shh! It's okay little dolly. We won't bite," someone coos from the outside. I let out a high whimper when I hear the word "dolly" again, remembering the scary voices last night trying to lure my into their deadly arms.

I hear the cage door open, and curl up even tighter into my little ball as someone gently drags me out from cage and onto a hard wooden floor. I open my eyes and see pairs of feet surrounding me.

A boy gets down on his knees and looks at me. His hair was blue, and eyes had a vacant look about them. They were brown, not red like the ones of the demons last night. This boy had pale skin, that stretched over his skinny frame, under his worn clothes. He looks at me for a moment and lets out a bark, just like a dogs.

I don't do anything in response to this, for I am in a total state of suprise. The boy barks again and actually licks my face, whimpering like an excited puppy. I see scars covering his arms and legs, like the skin had been eaten away by acid. Burns, and whip lash scars wrap around his skin like vines and flowers. What had happened to him?

"Chip get off her!" A voice reprimands the dog boy, pulling him away from me. Another girl leans down next to me and looks at my face.

"Well aren't you a pretty thing. Mr.Briscoe must've really liked you," she said holing her stare into my eyes. Hers were a bright blue, but the one on the left had a huge scar running down it. She smiled, and I saw that half her teeth were missing and had been replaced with pins.

I tried to back away, but this girl held onto the arm covering my head, with one of her own bony pale ones. Her grip was unbelievably strong.

"We won't hurt you. You're safe with us," A boy said getting down next to the blue eyed girl. Her long red hair flowed over her shoulders like a mishchevious fire. The boy looked at me closely as well. So did the other head sticking out of his left shoulder. A girl, who had the boy's blue green eyes as well, looked at me blankly.

These people were scary. Who were these people? There were only two others here, and they also had extra limbs sown onto their bodies and scars branded all over their skin. One had one orange eye, but the other was missing. The other's ears had been cut off, and the horns of a ram had been sewn to the top of his head.

I was frightened by these strange people. I hated this little room, where they all crowded around me. What were they going to do to me? What could I possibly have to give them?

"Oh you are so beautiful," the girl with the red hair said stroking my arms and moving her way up to my face. "Such a pretty dolly," she cooed again, her ruined skin and body touching me.