CHAPTER 10

AS I SAID BEFORE, I WILL TRY TO EDIT THE STORIES WHILE POSTING NEW CHAPTERS. THIS ONE IS NOT EDITED.

NOTE: THE BOOK WHICH WAS LADY ANNE'S FAVORITE WAS ENTITLED: "TO END WITH LOVE" BY ISOBELLE ALEXANDER. IT WAS POSTED ALSO HERE ON WATTPAD FOR YOUR READING PLEASURE. YOU CAN CHECK THAT OUT IF YOU LIKE.

THAT IS ALL.

TSG

~~~

PRESENT DAY

APRIL 1825, MORNING

As they passed the drawbridge, Donner could not help but look at the scenery of the place. The deep green trees in rhythm with the summer breeze. The birds sang and chirp with the stillness of the river at the moat. As his eyes circumspected the great of a view of that summer morning, a road caught his attention. He turned to the direction, opposite the main road that should be their terrain. Surely, the road was rarely been used as the ground formed weeds and scattered grasses. It was a pathway, indeed, looking at the soil indented with tracks of carriages.

“Inspector, we'll turn this way,” the servant uttered, he was a few feet away from the inspector which stopped.

“This road, where does it lead?” Donner asked.

“I think it was the former main road of the manor, Sir,” He said.

“Okay. Let's take this road,” Donner said.

"But, Sir. That's not – " The young servant wanted to reason at the Inspector but Donner could not be stopped. The servant had no choice but to comply.

They rode until they reached the manor's left wall where the vined gate was situated. Donner stopped right in front of the gate and looked around hoping to find a path way.

A pathway, the market, and an alley way,” He remembered.

He trod the road at the far left until it ended, leading him to a narrower pathway.

This might be what that old man said,” He thought.

“Sir? We should get going. The grand master, incessantly said to bring you to the fishing village.”

“We'll change course, young lad. We'll go here,” He said as he kicked the horse to walk. The servant then followed the inspector.

~~~

From the worn out journal found by Donner

SPRING, 1808

Lady Anne's lessons were done at the span of four hours. Lunch had passed. It was already afternoon when she got back to the library, her solace. She was exhausted and she did not know if her countenance was still intact. Strands of hair was all over her face but she did not mind. She was not expecting anyone to be around the library at that moment, though it came to her mind that her dear brother might be there.

Lady Anne looked around for her sketch book, noticing it was at the exact place where she would always put it. She quickly looked around and notice the book at the table. She then glanced by the bookcases. There stood – though she thought at first was her brother but it did not took long before she knew it was the Young Man. His back was facing Lady Anne. She almost screamed, stunned, both hands on her left chest.

He was reading a book. A book that even by looking at the cover, Lady Anne would recognize. Her own hands slowly moving down at her side, the Young Man, still busy reading; Lady Anne made a sound – clearing her throat, one hand on her mouth. The Young Man glanced and turned right back at the book. He already knew that she was there. Why did he stopped reading when he already knew – Her mouth gaped, starting for a question when the Young Man then uttered.