CHAPTER 6

WARNING: NOT EDITED.

THAT IS ALL

----------------------------------------------------------------------

STREETS OF LENESTADT

MARCH 1825,  NOON

A blabbering constable in exchange for a dull inspector. His companion never stopped talking while they walked at the street. His ears began to hurt. One more word from the constable and he would shot himself in the head.

"Paul's missus was devastated when she heard the news. She said when I told her about his demise that, that was the price her husband pay for being such a diligent inspector. He even worked at the after hours, going home late,"  He said. Donner looked at him, "They were just newly married --"

"Did Bertram said that he was going to meet his wife, last night?" Donner pondered.

" --She would always wait for him to arrive at their house. Alway late at night. He really is the diligent kind."

Donner stopped and as the constable saw the inspector halting, he too, stopped walking.

"I need the informations of the two victims: Bertram and the female victim," Said Donner.

"I will get it for you. It's at the headquarters," the constable said, hastily turning the opposite way from where they came.

"Please do, constable," He paused. "And while you're at it. Get Bertram's murder files."

"O-Okay, Inspector," He said and paced. Donner watched him until he turned left on a corner at the end of the street. Donner then continued to walk towards the morgue.

Donner never thought that anything like this could happen this early. He won't deny the fact that having a profession like theirs was a dice with death. But, recalling that he was just talking to him last night and much to his shock, Paul Bertram was found dead at the marketplace and maybe killed by the same killer they are searching for months.

Black clouds started to form as Donner walked through the cobbled streets of the city of Lenestadt, going to the city morgue. He thought walking was a great idea. thinking it would give him time to ruminate about the case but as he looked back right at the sky, dark clouds began to thicken. With this pace, He would end up in the middle of the rain. He ran, hoping the cloud wouldn't give up its carried rain.

He was nearly there when the clouds could no longer bear it and poured the rain it had accumulated, heavily on him. He pulled the collars of his black trench coat and covered it to his head as he ran faster towards the morgue. Donner stopped right in front of the vicinity. He knocked calmly at the door of the city morgue. Noticing the embalmer was taking too long to open the door and he was soaking, he knocked louder.

"Alright! Alright!" a voice behind the door muttered. Donner was exposed to a man with thick spectacles as the man opened the door. The man's eyes widened and mouth agaped seeing his expected visitor. "Ah, Senior Inspector Donner. Come in, come in."

+     +     +     +     +

LENESTADT CITY MORGUE

MARCH, 1825, NOON

The city morgue looked just like the typical residential house from the outside but inside was different. The dark colored brick walls made the place rather gloomy and the place had only one window -- a huge glass window encompassing the half of the front and the entrance door itself was made with wodden glass door. Like the residential houses, The morgue was built with a second floor. The living area of the embalmer, named Woltz. Unlike the typical house, it had a basement which served as the parlor and cold storage for the dead bodies. The basement had separate entryway built and situated at the back of the morgue.