Championship Game (1)

Beginning story authors note:

Hey all!

I just wanted to let anyone who previously read this that here has been some updates and changes to things and writing style to this story. The plot is relatively the same, I'm just going through and editing, rewriting, and over all improving the story as a whole. I can't promise it will be perfectly edited, although I can try my best. Thank you for baring with me!

~Dani

___________________________________________________________________________

Paintball....is the best sport, if just for the fact that you are able to shoot people. The tournaments are amazing ; if I was honest with myself all I really care is the prizes, but who wouldn't a year supply of paint balls,  games, and a cash prizes of $500. At that point, the $25 entry fee per-person wasn't too bad.

Although my team has always gone to semi-finals, we always seemed to choke before facing off with the previous years winner, which for the last for years has been the same group. I have changed my team up the last few years to people who will listen to me, and work well with each other. That left only my brother and I returning.

"Ski...Ski...earth to Ski" Cloud called, snapping me out of my train of thoughts

"What? Are we up next? Did the 'reigning champs' win their last match already?" I asked, with a hint of annoyance and sarcasm. The idea that no one's beat these guys in four years bothers me to no end. I've been playing here since I was 12, and I have yet to actually see these guys. I was always wanting to better my plans and didn't want to watch others doing what I should be.

"No, but we have to get our equipment check." Cloud replied.

I groaned, "But they already did that when we first came here, before we could even get on the playing field." Having my equipment checked is a hassle, it always takes forever and all the employees are sleazy jerks who stare at my ass.

"Well, I guess, since it's the championships they want to make sure that it's regulation and we didn't sneak anything in." Cloud said.

I sighed, grabbing my gun and went to the safety station. "Your boyfriend's lucky, having a girl that's willing to get his gun check for him while he warms up and gets his gear on," the predictable creepy guy behind the counter said to me.

I rolled me eyes and said "Actually, it's my gun so if you could just check it  that way I can be on my way that would be great." I let my voice drop into a monotone setting. He looked me up and down then laughed.

"Do I look dumb? This is a Kingsman Spyder MR4 semi-auto scenario Marker. A tiny girl like you handling a big gun like this? No way!" Creepy guy said.

I didn't bother to reply , as he checked my CO2 tank and the gun when he returned it he had added piece of paper while without commenting. I quickly grabbed my things and walked away ignoring his final wink. I crinkled up the paper into a small ball and threw it on the ground. I just wanted to get rid of the number as quickly as possible. Why are all guys assholes? They're useless anyways, with the exception of my brother, but other than him I don't need a guy. I'm the beta of my pack, any distraction is a problem. That's the number one reason why I don't want a mate.

"I hate guys" mumbled aloud, roughly tugging my gloves on. Cloud looked up from his own gear surprised.

"Ouch that hurt. And here I thought I had a sweet loving little sister" He put his hands over his heart grinning. I punched him in the shoulder.

"Shut up, you know that you don't count in that. But the asshole that checked my gun does"

"Just put it out of your mind, I'll take care of it later. But right now we got a championship game to win" I nodded at him, grabbing my lucky helmet that covers my hair. I learned the hard way how hard paint is to get out. We gathered in the middle of the field with the rest of the team for the coin flip. "Captains to the circle." The Referee said. I stepped forward as did a tall, muscular honey-haired boy.