INTRO

[Intro]

Nova's P.O.V.

I learned a while ago that I am prone to having a lot of shit happen to me. I was sitting on the bus next to my mom when some weird old lady across from us told me that. At the time, I didn't know what she was talking about: I had a great life, a great family, great friends and a great... everything!

Then everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked -just kidding.

No, but, bad stuff started to really happen.

Not even a month later, my parents filed for divorce, Mr. Rogers died, and my baby brother ripped the tape out of my only VCR recording of "Barbie's The Nutcracker."

I did the only thing a 7 and a half year old girl in my situation could do: cry. But I was soon consoled by the other thing the old lady had told me. She said I was destined for a "traditional" love -whatever that meant.

All I got from that was my life wouldn't be so bad one day.

So I've waited, thinking I'd end up like Cinderella.

But now, I'm sick of the bullshit. I've gone through a lot at this point: after my parents split, my brother Mark and I lived with my codependent mom. I took up a bunch of responsibilities around the house to keep my mom from thinking she had to raise two kids all on her own. I did that, kept my grades up, and got a part-time job. Being a Nobody in high school certainly helped me balance all that. It wasn't until my senior year that things got far worse. Mark, who's only 12, got beat up by a few 8th graders because he told some boy in class that he like-liked him. The image of my brother in a hospital bed, in pain, shook my mother up so bad, she fell into a deep depression. Minor things like the fact that I didn't get into the school I've been dreaming of attending since I was a Freshman, also happened.

 When my graduation finally came around, though, things started to look up. I was invited to come to Bryon Staz's Graduation party, and I felt that what the old lady said was going to come true soon -maybe even at the party! It was in that moment or hope that I brushed aside my feminist, analytical perspective and went with the flow -which turned out to be one of the worst mistakes I've ever made. Bryon, the hot bad boy himself, asked me to play 'Seven Minutes in Heaven' and I thought I found the love of my life. That was until the door of the closet was pulled open and the light from the photo cameras flashed to reveal I was kissing a mute frog.

I ran home in embarrassment, swearing that I was done trying to find my "traditional" love.

I was going to turn my life around.

Destiny and Fate can suck it.

Now, I'm twenty years old, I'm in my third year of college, and I've been living great -ish. I'm off to study abroad this semester in Havenburg, and I can't wait to see what it's like living outside of the U.S.

I here there's some big contest thing happening over there...

-----------

I know it's short, but please tell me what you think!

This is the only slow part of the story; it gets better so please stick around for more.

^v^