Chapter 9: Figure

"Noise? What noise mother..?" Jimin asked feeling worried about his own mother.

           "I would hear.. A gentle voice coming from your room. I think I would just be too lonely I start to hear things. But I'm glad all of it stopped today ever since I knew you were coming today." Mrs. Park smiled. "You will spend atleast one night here... Right?"

            Jimin wanted to say no but his mother was finally feeling happy for once. Jimin thought it'll only be fair to stay for his mother. Mrs. Park also became very worried for Jimin to stay healthy so she wanted Jimin to stay and eat too! "I'll stay, Mother." Jimin claimed and nodded his head making his mother feel happy. She hasn't been this happy for a while. Her days would be filled with work and would come home making herself smile with the thought of giving Jimin money to keep going in life. That was her only purpose. A mother's job was always appreciated, she worked to make sure Jimin was getting money to atleast have something to feed himself or make a living. Mrs. Park knew Jimin will come home one day, graduating from college and would tell her great things about work and how he's living now.

            Jimin wanted to graduate and get such a well paying job to make his mother proud. She was the only person he never wanted to let down. Jimin wished to soon make alot of money to be able to allow his mother to stop working and take care of her. This was on most peoples minds. To become the best and get a well paying job in life to support a family member they cherished.

             After the soup, Jimin washed the dishes as his mother finally went to take a nap. She was very sleepy, the woman had her shift next and Jimin didn't want her to work too hard... It made him feel upset. However, his sweet mother didn't care. Mrs. Park wanted to do this for her son and giving him money to continue in college. A mother like her was willing to risk it all for her son, this made Jimin want to do his best. It was all he could do and of course, move back in with his mother... But he was still thinking about it.

             His mother went to take a power snooze on the couches since it seemed more comfortable and she had work very soon so Jimin decided to clean. As Jimin finished washing the dishes, he began to sweep the floor with the broom. He was finally stuffed. Lately he hasn't eaten such a big meal like this in a while.. He almost forgot even after a big soup like that, he will get sleepy. Jimin happily cleaned seeing his mother lay and sleep peacefully knowing Jimin was here.

           Soon, his mother left to work as Jimin was sitting on the couches. He was on his phone watching a drama on his phone, he didn't want to use the television and make the bills rise so he decided to just go on his phone and pass the time by watching romance. "I wish I can have something like this..." Jimin paused the drama. It was the usual girl looking into the man's eyes as they were close to sharing their first kiss, despite all of the situations that surrounded the two. It was cliche but no one cared. The way how the story was introduced to the viewers made them stick around. It was like an addiction.

                Jimin sat up and resumed the episode. "How can people find the one?" Jimin wondered as he sighed once the couple finally kissed. "Must be nice..." Jimin smiled. "I remember... My girlfriend, she loved me but I can never said it back. I wanted to see if she was the one but she wasn't. If only I knew how it felt. I only see the dramas and think I know what it is... But love around here isn't like dramas... Love around here isn't so dandy.." Jimin sighed. "I just want to experience the real love..." Jimin claimed as he still watched the episode end. "Even the girl in the show got her lover before me!"

                Later on Jimin was laying on the couch staring off into the window... Nothing came across his mind... All he was thinking of was to sleep now. He was just waiting until he found himself closing his eyes.

            Once Jimin's eyes were closing, slowly and slowly... He moved his tired eyes and noticed a dark shadow figure of a man standing at the end of the hall with red gleaming eyes. Jimin quickly sat up and was wide awake now. Jimin was in fear, now breathing heavily. No wonder his mother lived in fear.. There was a bad spirit here. Except, this is what Jimin thought. He cleared his throat looking around already breaking a sweat. Jimin covered his eyes tightly shaking his head feeling scared. "N-not.. R-real!!" Jimin whispered. He couldn't get up and run... He was frozen in place... As the boy looked up, the figure was still standing down the hall slowly tilting it's head as Jimin only feared for his life now. 

The young man then heard the uncontrollable voice come back to him again whispering many things.. But he was only able to make out one word it uttered. "Care..."