The experiment

Chapter 2: the experiment.

Me and Jodie (I think they're 6 years old) were playing together in a pent house like room together. When we first came we demanded to be in a room together and they agreed. Me and Jodie look alike seeing as how were twins. We both had brown hair and brown eyes. I wore a blue shirt, jeans and purple socks while Jodie wore a green shirt, blue jeans and purple socks. There's video cameras in our room just incase something happens so a man named Cole watches us but not in our bathroom because that would be gross.

Anyway while we were playing Cole walked in.

"Ahhh... there you are." Cole said clapping his hands and crouching 'well no duh were here were not allowed to leave without escorts.' I thought. "How you doing girls? good?" he asked. We still played.

"I hate to bother you two while your playing and all, but I believe it's time..." Cole said to us.

We got up and walked out the pent house following Cole. "Alright Nathan's waiting for us." He said.

We walked through the tiny room where they watch us and went through the door to go to the hallway. I saw 2 men talking to each other.

"Oh c'mon I don't have any more change, seriously." Said one of them.

"Hi Cole." said the other.

"Hi Alan." Cole answered.

We continued walking down the hall way.

"Nearly ready." said another dude talking to a girl, "it was due two weeks ago."

"Hello precious, don't you two look pretty today?" said the girl smiling.

"Hi and thanks" I said.

"Here we are." Cole said. We entered the small room with only 2 chairs and 2 tables with small walls on the side so we couldn't cheat. On both tables were some cards and a 'crown' that's what Cole calls it anyway.

"Hey Jodie, hey Misty." Nathan greeted, "how's your day been so far?" he asked.

"Pretty good." Jodie said

"Good, how was yours?" I said

"Good thanks."

We sat down in the chairs and Cole put the 'crowns' on.

"Ok, we're goona put this on now. Remember? it's just like a crown. Oh ya, oh, now your little princesses." Cole said laughing. I smiled.

"Don't worry." Nathan said, "everything's going to be fine. I'm right next door if you need me, okay?" I nodded. Nathan than left smiling.

"Hey Jodie, Misty, can you hear me?" Cole asked through the microphone. We both nodded.

"Ok, let's start." Cole said, "Kathleen is in the next room and she has the same cards as you. Now, we're going to get her to choose one and see if you can tell which one she chose. You think you can do that?"

Jodie shrugged while I nodded.

"Good." Cole said, "Alright, let's go for it, first card."

'Alright Nyx, you know what to do.' I thought. I closed my eyes to see what Nyx was seeing. I saw Aiden over by Jodie. They waved and went through together, they went behind Kathleen and I saw a star card so I put my hand on the star card.

"Next card" Cole said.

I closed my eyes again and watched Nyx and Aiden go in again. They went behind her and I saw the square card I put my hand on the card.

"Next card." Cole said again.

I did the same thing and saw the card was squiggly lines (or bacon as I like to say) so I chose that card.

"Very good girls! lets try something else. There's some building blocks on the table in the other room. You think you can make them fall over?" Cole asked us. I nodded and closed my eyes seeing Nyx already going to the other room. She knocked one of the stacks leaving the last one for Aiden, which he knocked over a few seconds later. I felt bad for Kathleen though because she wasn't expecting it.

"Good job girls!" Cole said. " Anything else in the room you could move?" I still felt bad but I did it anyway.

Aiden flipped the cards while Nyx threw the water bottle across the room. Nyx than hit the chair which made her roll away and jump off. Aiden Flipped the camera making it break.

"That's it... I'm sorry... but... I'm done." Kathleen said while Nyx flipped the papers.

"Ok Misty, Jodie, that's enough... the experiment is over." Cole said.

"It's locked... The Doors Locked!" she started yelling. Aiden and Nyx were still trashing the room.

'Ok Nyx... that's enough' I thought to her but she didn't listen 'NYX!' I yelled in my head. She still didn't stop.

"No Kathleen it's not locked... it's probably just stuck" Cole said

"I'm telling you it's LOCKED! Get me out of here!"

"Give us a moment..."

"Get me out of here NOW!!!"

"Calm down Kathleen. You have to stop Jodie, Misty. The test is over, you need to STOP!"

"It's locked." I heard some scientist say say.

"We can't!" Jodie said.

"They're not listening to us!" I said.

After awhile it finally ended. Nathan and Cole barged in the room.

"Jodie! Misty! it's alright girls, it's alright" Nathan said hugging us. "It's over"

"It will never be over." we both said.

Nathan looked scared at what we said. He hugged us one more time. I closed my eyes and told Nyx to check on Kathleen. She was crying and sliding down a wall when a scientist barged into her room to help her. That made me feel better knowing that Kathleen is safe.