06:00 am

Frieda

What a beautiful morning! What a beautiful day!

Humming this very uplifting tune in my head, I gently tapped my alarm clock that sings the same tune. 6 am. 

I have a whole day to go through, a whole new world to live in and today is a very good day!

These were the exact words of my dear mother; she’s unforntunately not here with me. She’s in a good place now: Florida.

My lilac dressing gown covered my silky smooth skin; my lilac fluffy slippers warmed my feet.

I rose again from my bed feeling ready and energized for this day, I have this feeling that it will change my life, obviously because I’m moving countries but you know. [A/N literally you do know].

My drawers are pretty much empty as they’re all in my luggage: four overwhelming suitcase with my 6kg hand luggage, damn that’s going to be heavy! All that’s left unpacked was my clothes for today and my toiletries.

I need to shower now!

I have nine minutes before Joanna wakes up and do my hair.

The bathroom consists of a sink, a toilet, a bath and a shower and as much as I love having baths, I need to go to the shower.

Undressing myself and hanging my pjs on the rack I set the shower to medium hot, no matter if it’s summer or winter I like my showers medium hot.

The still waterfall splashed my hair and engulfed my skin covering me in this water coat of relaxation. I reached for my shampoo and conditioner: the one and only Herbal Essence; I like mixing them together as they make these colours that you would normally see in an Art class, I sound so dumb.

Lavishing it onto my scalp, I hear the distinct voice of Charlie Ponter the news anchor of Sunrise breakfast show: Joanna’s awake and it made me smile.

I wrapped the towel around my head and headed to the mirror to brush my teeth, the steam still visible from my shower.

The light from the window above makes everything hotter but I don’t mind because it’ll just dry my hair faster.

I spit out the remains of my Colgate toothpaste and rinsed my mouth, I remember the cold splash of the lake back home in Holmes Chapel; my brothers and I would go there every Saturday just throw me into the water, it wasn’t violent and all, it was just fun.

I remember they use to pick on this kid with straight slightly curly hair across the lake on his own, my brothers didn’t really pick on him, it was just a tease and I always see his smile, charming and all. Why am I reminiscing over cold water?

 “Good morning to thee milady.” I gestured at Rapunzel with a bad hair day.

“Don’t you dare call me milady, get your ass over here so I can finish your hair and go back to bed.” The wrong side of the bed that is,

“Okay Miss Grumpy.” I said in my defensive tone,

“Miss Grumpy? I woke up at 3 am and when we finished talking I couldn’t sleep until the minute you woke up! Now I’m here and just ‘Miss Grumpy’!” I didn’t even understand that,

“You were the one talking about Tomlinson your dream boy!” I may add,

“Fffh, I said ‘dream’.” On what planet was that a comeback or even an answer?! She’s so weird and I like weird stuff so…

 xD

06:28 am

Ok. I get it. Fine. I deserved it.

Due to my incompatible social behavior my grumpy-ness lead me to a burned hair, whilst Joanna was straightening it. We were about to appreciate the privelage of having our last morning fight when Joanna's mother called all the way from Japan; don't be alarmed I thought that too, with a name such as 'Joanna Grace' how could you be half Japanese! Trust me I had that phase of 'Japanese or not I'll find out soon' just like you're having. Joanna doesn't even remotely look asian! I had thought of it over and over until I reliased that I didn't listen to the second part of the sentence she was saying back three years ago when she was explaining this: she's adopted.

Well at least she had the decency to cut it so that it looks nice. Too nice actually: I look like a model now! Joanna is a born designer, true leader and fashion guru. The only factor that's bringing her down is that she absolutely have no photography sense, nevermind skills!

"I actually love the trim hun," I applaud her, my new hairdresser.

"I intended this from the very beginning. Hun, you're going to a new world, new world equals new you and new you is directly proportional to new look!" Top in Maths, I know. "Frieda darling," she imitates the posh designer register, "It's time for your penultimate suprise, come one darling, shall we dance?"

"My dear lady I'd be delighted too." Miss Grace lead me to the built-in cabinet. I could see her vision, her soul over flowing from the cabinet at hand. She was about to give me her wish. The exact same wish that got her full marks and extra credit on the design class final exam.

The rumoured 'la belleza del diablo'

Joanna, my fairy godmother...