Chapter 8

And I might be

Something

to you beyond

Beautiful

~ The Balcony Scene, Pierce The Veil.

Math was the first I heard of it. Seeing that I wasn't paying much attention in that class anyway, I liked to listen to the new gossip going around. In every class you could hear the hushed voices of girls talking about how Jessica and Trevor totally hocked up. Even though everyone knows Jessica is saving herself til marriage and Trevor likes Ethan on the soccer team. They still hocked up. Totally.

Don't get me wrong, I love gossip. It's crazy what people will believe. But it's mostly false. Gossip never concerned me though. I'm a nobody and I intended to stay that way. I couldn't handle the lime light.

"He's new. A total hotty." Emily gushed to Kaylee.

"I know right. I'd tots tape that." She said back, blushing.

I wonder if they even know his name. They probably didn't even bother.

I toned out the voices and let myself drift into my own thoughts.

I was worried about Niall. I knew he had Harry but... I just worry. All I do is worry. God I worry to much. I wanted to listen to music right now. I glanced down at my Peirce The Veil shirt and sighed. I wanted to listen to them the most. I glared at my teacher who was going on and on about something with letters in it and sighed. I just wanted out.

               __________________

The bell finally rang and I almost skipped out of my seat. I walked slowly down the halls, happy to be going to English, but not wanting to be early. I keep my head down but watch ahead so not to hit anyone. I was half way to English I saw a few people crowding around a few lockers.

"Do you need help getting to your next class, I can help." Some blood girl in a skirt that should have gotten her dress coded asked.

I rolled my eyes. The hotty new boy was lost and needed the help of a women. Pigs. All of them. Expect Niall and Harry. I missed Harry a bit, but it had only been a night. I was going to see him after school anyway. I walked on. Right as I walked by the boy spook up to the females around him.

"Um, no thank you. I just need to find a girl." He said. I stopped. His voice sounded like I knew it.

"I can be whatever girl you're looking for and more." The dress code skirt girl said. 
"No. I'm looking for Ariel. Do you know her?"

Ariel? Me? Was there another Ariel?

"That loser, come on really?" Skippy said.

"Don't talk about her like that. At least she not a slut like you." He spat at her.

She was silent.

The boy stepped out with a little smile in his lips.

I ran. I wasn't sure why, but I did. I wasn't scared or anything. My legs just kicked in. I made it to English and sat down. The bell hadn't rung yet so I pulled out my phone and head phones. I sighed in relief as the music made every other sound go away. I leaned back and closed my eyes. I wanted to sing out but people were walking in now. I opened my eyes to find that desk were beginning to fill with girls and boys. Someone sat beside me and I turned to smile at them.