Chapter 5

Chapter 5 - Mrs. Russell

"Gaige, you've got to be kidding me, why do you want her as your mate? Why don't you wait for your real mate? You'll find her someday." Travis said looking at him in awe.

Mates? No, no no. We can't be mates I would have been highly attracted to him as soon as I saw him... he is hot but...I mean he's totally not my type of guy. I looked at him up and down, yeah so not my type. I mentally sighed. I couldn't fool myself. He was a sexy beast of a man.

"I did find my real mate." he replied as he looked at me. I was getting that hot and bother sensation again. I fidgeted as he walked closer to me. I didn't know the first thing about mates and yet here this guy was proclaiming I was his. He's got to be joking.

"Don't you feel it Zelandra?" We looked each other and I felt like I didn't want to sit still. I felt like I wanted to jump him in so many different ways. I didn't want to give into the feeling, I fought it. I didn't like that he had the power to do that just by looking at me a certain way.

"Nope, I don't." I lied and he smiled a bit catching me off guard. Ugh, I've never felt this way before I don't know what to do! I bit my lip in frustration, something I would always do in human form, well it was the only time I could do it, wolves don't have lips after all.

In wolf form the only way to get out frustration was scratching a tree to death or to start biting your own leg, which didn't hurt but you can get fur in your mouth. Blek.

Suddenly I felt the chains from my wrists fall to the floor and heard the loud clank that came with them as they fell. Suddenly I was trapped once again in the arms of Gaige, my mate. Crap I did not just say he was my mate, ignore that last bit.

At the same time I was denying it I was also loving it. I've never been hugged by a guy, hell I don't think my parents have even ever hugged me. Which I didn't care about but I had to say, hugging felt good. I think I even leaned into him a bit. I sighed lightly to myself. I think I could fall asleep right here in his arms.

I was about to close my eyes when I realized something. My eyes popped open and I stepped back. I couldn't be here, I couldn't stay...I looked around the room. Everyone was staring at me including Gaige.

"I can't stay." I stated looking at everyone in the room. Gaige looked surprised and stepped back. "I'm sorry, but I will only cause problems, all pack wolves think the same, I can't become anything more without being harassed more than I am. No one will trust me. I'll be the outcast. No one, not even you alpha, can change other minds about me. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to go before I get attacked when I leave."

I turned to the door and as my hand touched the door knob I paused. I am doing the right thing, I told myself. I opened the door but a large hand shut it before I could exit. I could feel him before I could smell him. "I've been waiting for you since I was sixteen. I'll be damned if I let you go when you're right here."

"You don't understand." I began but he wouldn't let me finish. "You're right I don't. I do understand that you're my mate and I need you here with me. Please stay. I need you... Miki, needs you. She doesn't have a mother anymore, she needs a strong female figure around, she's the only female werewolf born in her age group. Think about her."

I shook my head, he was hitting low blows. It's only been two-three days since I came to know Miki but I already felt a connection to her. I sighed. "Zelandra, your parents weren't around when you were her age, she needs someone that knows how she feels.

I didn't have a brother that cared so much either but I understood the concept. I sighed and turned to looked at him. "Fine, for Miki's sake. But as soon as she hits puberty, I'm outta here." Gaige stepped back from the door and I opened it quickly escaping what could be a death trap with the way they were looking at when I left.