Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - A Rouges Life

My name is Zelandra La'mae, rather that is what my parents called me. My universal name is the rogue. Born a rogue, raised a rogue and more than likely I'll die a rogue. I am about nineteen years old...I don't truly know how old I am. I could be eighteen or younger for all I know but I'm about eighteen if not older.

In my wolf form I...well for a lack of better terms I look like a straggly mutt. My fur is a black and with white tipped ears and paws. I am scrawny but very strong. This is considering I have to be if I'm around male rogues looking for a toy to use. I don't have my parents around anymore to protect me.

Speaking of my parents, after being born they only stayed with me till I was old enough to shift, hunt and defend myself, after that they abandoned me. This is not unusual in the rogue world, it's quite common actually. Rogues usually only travel around alone or with a mate. If a mate falls pregnant there is a higher chance of them dying and slows down their travel. Each pup born is a miracle. Even if they're treated like a curse.

I have no clue where the 'rents', as I call them, are and I don't know how many other children they have or had. Hell, I don't even know if they're still alive, but I don't really give a shit if they are or not. All I remember about my parents are their scents and they way they looked at me as if I was causing them trouble. As a pup this is more than likely true.

I'm almost always in my wolf form because it's more comfortable that way. As a human I would just walk around naked and be hunted rather than the hunter. Most rogues would be driven crazy by staying in their wolf form too long but not me. My wolf and I had a mutual agreement that she would never overpower me in exchange for being in wolf form.

Actually in all honestly there was no side, you didn't actually have a human or wolf side, every werewolf was a human who just so happened to be able to transform into a wolf and have wolf instincts that could over-ride common-sense and your humanity.

Most rogues would see no point in their humanity and just tossed it out like it didn't matter. I on the other hand saw reason. As a human I could go wherever I could not as a wolf, I could steal, buy food when it is not easily hunted and sleep in a warm bed in a hotel during cold months as others starved or froze to death as a wolf. The only problem was money, which no rogue had, that is unless they steal it but it doesn't usually last long.

I sighed, well that was my life in a nutshell, quite interesting isn't it?

I looked out over a cliff into the New Moon territory and lied on my tummy and rested my head into the grass at the top of the cliff. I could see the houses owned by pack wolves as they hung laundry and watched little pups play in their parents yards. My ears flattened on my head as my wolf inwardly sighed making me physically huff.

I kind of envied pack life. Always having someone there for you, being able to be with your parents and friends as you grew into a successful adult never having to worry about the necessities. Always having food available, always having a place to safely sleep at night...

My ears twitched in thought as I raised my head just in time to catch a breeze on my fur. Then again I liked being a rogue too. Never having to deal with alphas and their territories, never having to listen to others rules except your own... Then there was the hunt, the thrill of the chase the wind blowing through your fur as you run away from your worries and cares. Never worrying about someone taking that away from you.

As the wind continued to blow I stood up. The lady below who was hanging laundry sniffed the air and looked up towards me. I could see her gasp and pull the pups who were playing outside indoors. Then I could see a huge bulky male wolf exit as he snarled at me and slowly crept up the steep incline of the other side of the cliff.