Chapter 6

Chapter 6 - Run

I had froze, as soon as our lips met my mind blanked and I thought of nothing but how his eyes held the same look of shock in them as mine did. We both pulled back at the same time but kept staring at each other. We only turned when we heard Miki giggling right next to me.

"Miki, that was very uncalled for why did you do that to us?" Gaige said in what seemed a false angry voice, but to Miki I knew it sounded real. "That was very uncalled for."

"I was just trying to get you to kiss her boo-boo better. I mean look at it, it must hurt really baaad." She smiled holding in a laugh trying to look cute.

Then as soon as Gaige was about to open his mouth to say something else she burst out giggling and ran out of the room. "You're still grounded young lady!" He yelled after her trying to get her to hear him.

"Kay!" She yelled back, I could still hear her giggling away as she ran down the hall.

My mind was completely blank still trying to process anything that just happened. Well, there goes my first ever kiss...was the first thought. I looked up at Gaige as he was rubbing the back of his neck as if trying to think of something to say.

"I need to leave." I stated as I stood up. Gaige looked surprised as I turned around for the door, he grabbed my wrist and I turned around, he was fumbling his words and they just came out in a mess of nonsense.

I quickly pulled my wrist out of his hold and left the room, leaving him there by himself. I sighed as I left the room. Now to find my way out of this maze of a pack house. I walked around for what felt to be hours before I saw what looked to be one of the packs women.

"Excuse me!" I called out as she turned around. Her eyes widened before screaming "Rogue! There's a rogue in the pack house!" She wasted no time running away leaving me to myself once more.

I looked round frowning before ruffling my hair. I could hear padded paws on the tile in the pack house. Pack warriors were coming. "Gah, fuck it! I was trying to be polite and leave through a door but I guess a window will suffice."

I turned around to what seemed to be one of very few windows and got a running head start. I crashed through the glass knowing I would have shards to pick out of my skin later. I transformed into my wolf and landed on my paws with no problem.

I turned back only to see to very large, bulky and obviously well fed wolves. I knew my only chance for an escape was into rogue territory where I could fight them properly without repercussion. As long as they're hurt on rogue territory, packs couldn't do a thing about it because they were taught the risks of going into no mans land.

I sniffed the air and could tell I was almost home, weather they followed me or not was an entirely up to them. As soon as I hit the tree line the scent changed into that of the woods. I looked back behind me only to see they had stopped, the hair on their backs raised as they growled, they weren't risking coming after me.

I stopped running and turned I wagged my tail and panted happily teasing them in my wolf form, then without notice they backed up and a very large black wolf stood between them, His scent traveled to my nose, he was the alpha, Gaige. 'Fuck' was my only thought as he growled and stepped forward into the woods, unafraid to step into my territory, that's when I turned tail and ran full force away from him.

Running was probably the worst thing I could do in this situation. Running from an alpha was almost impossible due to their speed, but somehow I had managed to lose him in the thick foliage. It would be hard for him to sniff me out due to my scent being able to mix into the woods.