[(16)]

Mia's POV

"This isn't the first time. But she's got some nerve. It pisses me off!" Leana growled.

I tried not to smile.

But I really like that Leana is on my side of this situation.

"I want to tell Matt." I told her.

"You haven't told him yet?" She asked in disbelief.

I shook my head and she sighed.

"He was so stressed about the situation when we talked about it. I didn't want to add more to that." I said.

Leana was quiet for a minute.

"Matt dealt with a lot of bullshit with Val. You know, he told you about it. And one of those things was lying. He can't stand it. Val made him feel like he was crazy for thinking she was cheating on him. He doesn't like liars. You've got to tell him." Leana said honestly.

"I know. I've been meaning to tell him. But something always comes up." I said.

Leana started to laugh.

"Yeah. I'm sure something always comes up." She giggled.

I lightly nudged her but couldn't help but laugh as well.

"You're such a perv." I laughed.

"I know. Jimmy loves it. So you're gonna tell him today, right?" She asked again.

I stayed quiet for a minute before finally nodding.

"I have to. Don't want any secrets between us. I have to get ace to work though. Thanks for meeting me for lunch." I told her with a smile.

We both stood up and embraced.

"I still think it's so awesome that you're a bounty hunter. Be careful babe. I'll see you later." Leana said.

I smiled and we parted ways.

I walked down the street to the agency and walked in.

The cool air hit my skin and I sighed happily.

Gotta love air conditioning.

I made my way over to my desk and looked at a file on my desk.

"Who do we have here." I said to myself, flipping the file open.

My eyes scanned over the picture of the young woman who couldn't be older than 17.

"Shoplifting, drug possession, prostitution. Fuck." I groaned, reading over more of the file.

This kid has definitely had a rough go.

A lot more problems than most adults can deal with.

I read the last known address and grabbed my walkie from my desk drawer.

I stood up and was about to make my way out the door when "Mia!" rang through the air.

I groaned and stopped in my tracks.

Fucking Jack.

Can't have a moment of peace around him.

"What Jack. I have a new case, as you know since you're the one who assigned me it." I told him, turning to face him.

"You don't have to go this second. I need to talk to you in my office." He said.

I rolled my eyes and made my way back to his office.

He shut the door behind me and I faced him.

"What's going on? I have stuff to do." I told him, completely annoyed with him already.

"What are you doing tonight? Have any plans?" He asked me, his eyes running over my body.

I tried to keep my cool.

I wanted so badly to punch him in the face.

"I don't really know yet. Probably stop by my boyfriend's house. What about you?" I asked.

"Well, I wanted to see if you wanted to hang out. Interested?" He asked, his eyebrows raising.

This time I couldn't hold it in.

"Maybe you didn't hear me the first time. What happened between us was a mistake, Jack. Albeit, a very pleasurable mistake, but it's not going to happen again. We work together, and I'm with someone I care a lot about. And you asking me in your very roundabout way, if I want I basically want to screw, only pisses me off and makes me want to hurt you to the point where you can't pleasure another woman." I told him.

His eye went a little wide and I could see that he was finally hearing me.

"Now, once again, I've got a boyfriend. I'm not interested in hanging out, hugging, kissing, anything else you might have in mind. Because I have someone to do all that with. And I'm happy with him. And no offense, he could definitely kick your ass if he ever found out what you're asking me. So let's let this be the last time." I told him.

I pushed out from in front of the door and slammed it open.

"I'm serious, Jack. I can't work this way. And if you can't handle our past, then I'll have to find another agency to work at." I told him.

He didn't say anything and I took that as my cue to get the hell out of there.

I was finally in my car and on my way to Melinda's last known address.

"Fuck, Matt is going to be so pissed." I said.

And right at that moment, I felt my cell phone vibrate.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey babe. How's your day going?" Matt asked me.

I was quiet for a moment, and then realized this conversation was best left face to face.

"It's been better. Am I going to see you later?" I asked him.

I heard him chuckle.

"I really hope so. I miss you." He said.

I felt myself smile.

"I miss you too baby. I'll stop by your place after I get off work." I told him.

I couldn't see him but I knew he was smiling.

I wished I was there to kiss those adorable dimples.

"I'll see you then. Be careful." Matt said.

I grinned.

"Always." I said, before hanging up.

I sighed.

Fuck.

I have to tell him.