[(01)]

"Sit there and shut the hell up." I said roughly, shoving Manuel Rodriguez down in the chair.

"Damn Mia. No need to get aggressive with me. I'm already in cuffs." He grumbled, looking down at his feet.

"Maybe you should have cooperated with me before you made me chase you up twelve flights of stairs. Maybe then I wouldn't be so aggressive." I shot back, sitting behind my desk.

"Come on. It's good exercise. Keeps that fine ass of yours in shape." He said, winking at me.

I rolled my eyes and stood up, grabbing his file from my filing cabinet.

I flipped it open and whistled.

"Damn. I knew you were dumb, Manny, but skipping out on a 10,000 bond. That's a dumb fuck move." I said with a laugh, flipping my computer on.

"Why you gotta be so mean?" He asked.

"It's a special trait of mine that I save for dumb asses that try and jump bond." I said, turning to look at him with a smile on my face.

"You know Mia, I could show your sweet ass a good time." He said, wiggling his eye brows.

I kept myself from gagging and shook my head before turning to him again.

I stood up and went around, walking behind him.

I ran my finger down his arm and leaned in close so he could feel my breath against his ear.

"If you talk about my ass one more time, I'll shove my foot so far up yours, you won't be able to take a shit  without my permission." I whispered in his ear, tightening his hand cuffs.

I felt him cringe in pain and I smiled, patting him on the shoulder before going back to sit at my desk.

I typed away at my computer, making sure not to leave a thing out.

I finally flipped the file closed and looked up at Manny.

"Alright, you ready?" I asked, standing up.

"Oh yeah. Going to jail is gonna be the highlight of my day." He said sarcastically as I helped him up.

"Well, maybe next time you'll keep in touch with me and not try to get passed the law or me." I told him.

He grumbled and I helped him out to the back seat of my SUV.

I got in the car and made my way down the streets of Huntington Beach.

I looked to the right and saw the beautiful sunset, the water glistening and inviting.

I could be out enjoying myself, but no.

Duty calls.

"Why you giving me such a hard time Mia?" Manny asked after a while of silence.

I stopped the car in front of the county jail and turned back to look at him.

"Because you have a chance to fix your life, Manny. Don't screw up again. Do your time, and move on. Make something better of yourself. Don't you want your son to be proud of you?" I asked him softly.

He looked down at his lap, his hands going up to cradle his head.

"Yes." He said softly.

"Then don't let him down and get your shit together." I said softly, resting my hand on top of his.

He looked up slowly, and I could see tears brimming his eyes.

"Lets get this shit over with." Manny said, wiping at his stray tears.