[(10)]

Matt's POV

I tried to focus as I aimed my stick.

No such luck.

I heard Brian cheer as he went over and knocked his last ball in.

"Fuck." I grumbled.

Brian was cheesing as he walked over to me.

"Pay up fucker." He said, holding his hand out.

I grimaced as I reached into my pocket and pulled out a ten dollar bill.

I slapped it into his hand harder than necessary and smiled when he winced.

"What's got you so distracted? You usually kick my ass." Brian said, tacking a sip of his beer.

"Just distracted." I said.

He looked me over and I turned away quickly.

But not before hearing his knowing laugh.

"Haha. This is about a fucking chick, isn't it?" He practically yelled.

"Will you shut the fuck up." I told him, walking over to the bar and waving Johnny down.

He nodded and handed me another beer.

"So what's her name?" Brian asked, coming to stand next to me.

I looked at him and he was smiling so hard, I wanted to punch him in the face.

"If I tell you, will you shut up?" I asked.

"I knew it!" He said, laughing and pounding the bar top.

"Fuck, forget it!" I exclaimed angrily.

"No, no, no! I'm sorry. I'll shut up." Brian said quickly, closing his mouth which seemed to be a very hard task for him.

I stared at the inside of my bottle for a minute and I could tell Brian was getting restless.

A part of me wanted to tell him, get his take on things.

Another part of me wanted to keep Mia to myself.

"You are gonna tell me, right?" Brian asked after a minute.

I sighed deeply and turned to him.

"Her names Mia." I finally said.

He nodded, keeping his face clear of emotion.

I hate when he does that.

Usually he's so transparent.

"What?" I asked him.

"When did you meet her?" He said.

"Almost two weeks ago. Feels a lot longer than that though." I said.

"Is that a good thing? Or bad?" He said, sounding confused.

"No, it's a good thing. A really good thing. She's just so much deeper than most people. She's hard to read, and she's funny. Goddamn does she make me laugh. And she's sweet." I said.

Just thinking of her brought a smile to my face.

Man, I miss her.

Probably makes me a pussy to admit it.

But I do.

"So, why is this the first time I'm hearing about her? And if this is the first time I'm hearing about it, I'm sure the rest of the guys don't know about it." Brian pointed.

For being such a dumb shit most of the time, he's pretty smart.

"I don't know. She's just different. And I like her. A lot. Guess I just wanted to keep her to myself." I admitted.

"You know, if she's gonna be your girlfriend, you will eventually have to introduce us to her. You know, since we're together all of the time." He said.

"I know. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with you guys meeting her. It's just, it's new and it's so much different than the other times. I really like her. And I'm pretty sure she likes me too. I just don't know if she wants to be with me, the way I want to be with her." I said.

He was quiet for a minute and I didn't know anyway else to explain it.

But it felt good to get it off my chest.

To let someone else hear what's going on, and hopefully be able to help me understand.

"Well, it seems like she's a genuinely nice person. You wouldn't like her otherwise. Have you guys been talking since you last saw her?" Brian asked.

"Yeah. We talk all the time. Well, when she's not busy with work." I said.

"Hmm, what does she do?" He asked.

I grinned widely, imaging what his reaction will be.

"She's a bounty hunter." I told him.

His eyes widened and his mouth dropped open.

"A bounty hunter?" He asked.

I nodded with a smug smirk and Brian took a sip of his beer.

"Wow. That is hot as hell. Nothing sexier than a woman who can handle herself." Brian said.

"You have no idea." I told him.

He smirked and I knew exactly what he was thinking.

"Why don't you tell me some more about this mystery woman. I find myself surprisingly intrigued." He said, sitting on the stool and turning his body to me.

"Oh boy. Where to begin." I said.