Tantalizing Desires Past Midnight (Chapter 9)

As he charged through the forest back in British Columbia, his body blurred past trees, his body a shadow of its own. When he heard laughter in the dark depths of the woods, he leapt into a pine, crawling on to a thick branch as he looked down at the scene below.

A couple were entangled on a blanket below, a mess of limps. He cocked his head to the side at their dirty talk as the male's tongue went down her throat. Letting out an inaudible sigh, he dropped down with a cat's grace, his drop silent.

His throat was raw, the deathly thirst within him burning at his insides; and at the moment, this young couple was like a gift sent from below. A wicked grin emerged on his face as he took a step out of the darkness and into their campfire's light.

"Wow. Children, do your parents even know you two are out here at---" His ear flickered and as though the night had whispered in his ear, he knew exactly the time. "---3 in the morning? Naughty little kids." He smirked, crossing his arms.

The female sat up, straddling the man; until she saw him, and she jumped up into the air immediately. They didn't look any older than sixteen! 'Teenagers nowadays have way too much freedom' He thought as he eyed the couple.

"Who the fuck are you?" The male questioned, rising and glaring at him.

He arched a brow. "Watch your language, boy. Or I'll have to forcibly remove all those foul words from your vocabulary." He did all he could not to bare his fangs and hiss; so instead, rose his colossal fist at the brat.

She seized her boyfriend's arm, squeezing with fearful eyes. "Jake, I think you should do what he's saying. You shouldn't be messing around with a man like this." She murmured in his ear; but with a vampire's enhanced senses, he caught each word.

Grinning at the humans, he took another step forward. "Yeah. Listen to the lady, Jake. She's got a point. I could be dangerous."

Pushing the girl aside, she tumbled to the ground as he stormed into the powerful vampire's face. "You listen to me, you old bat! Get the fuck out of here and never come back!"

What a threat... He smirked. 'This kid's a moron' He mentally sighed and shook his head. Faking a shudder, he glowered at the kid. "Oh wow. I'm so scared."

When he lifted his fist to punch him, he flitted away, causing the girl to screech. Quickly silencing her, he rammed into the guy's back, shoving him against a tree trunk. "Whoa!" He yelled, "How the fuck did you do that?!"

He put some pressure in his neck, which had the practically grown man whimpering like a shot dog. "Let's just say where I come from, I'm considered rather bad-ass. Now stop questioning me; I HATE being interrogated. Now, where were we? Oh, yes. That filthy mouth of yours."

"Hear me out, man. Don't hurt me!" The kid was sobbing. 'How pathetic...' Just two seconds ago, he had been all up in his face and now, he was weeping like a baby. Where had his cojones just gone?

And he hadn't even mentioned his girlfriend, who was passed out behind him. Forgetting about the female and trying to save himself wasn't making anything better for him, only angering him some more and actually consider killing the pesky mortal when he fed.

"If I were like others of my kind, I'd happily kill you for being so selfish. And in my species, we have a thing for leaving females behind. They're sacred to us and we put them above us males. So you just worsened your case."

The kid's eyes widened as he bent his head, lowering his extending fangs to the boy's neck. "Holy shit! YOUR EYES ARE RED, MAN!!!"

Before his canines clamped down on the mortal's jugular, he froze.