Tantalizing Desires Past Midnight (Chapter 1)

Ok, well this is my first story on Wattpad, so please read it and tell me what you like. Leave comments and tell me what you think so that I can continue it. XD Thanks!!!  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dashing through the darkened forest, he followed the vague sliver of a silver trail the moon was kindly bestowing him with. If you follow it, you'll find her. He thought, coercing his legs to run as he charged through the darkness, appearing like a blur of shadow.

A smirk emerged on his face as he imagined his mate's face, wondering who the hell he could possibly be. And he'd cherish that bewildered expression of hers along with any and everything else she had to offer.

He froze, exhausted body coming to an abrupt halt. Sniffing the air, he commenced to a new trail. That scent... So strong... So very, very strong.

With a new pump of adrenaline coursing through his veins, fatigue couldn't seem to catch up to him. Smiling ear-to-ear, he hastened even faster, flashing right through anything that crossed his path. He wasn't even vexed when he bolted through other's territories. One and only one thing was on his mind.

That his destined female for all eternity was mere miles away.  

He pounced on to a wrought iron fence, thankful that it didn't even tremble with the force of his running body. Taking another whiff of the frigid breeze, her scent was overpowering that his pupils dilated furthermore. He plunged down, landing as silent as a feline.

She was feet away now. He knew it.

He climbed up a moss-enveloped vine, tossing himself up and over the balcony. A faint breeze sent shudders racing down his spine as her scent almost made him tumble back over the gothic balcony.

The locked glass door sprung open at his approach, and he hastily stepped in, ready to find her waiting for him. But what he saw made his mouth drop, as did his heart.

Jet curls framed her pallid face as her petite fists clenched her black sheets. Her perfect brow was furrowed as she withered to the sides, as if cemented in a murderous nightmare. Her garnet lips were twisted in a grimace.

His female was a faultless beauty. Except he could never have her...

One tear trickled down her cheek in her apparent convulsion. Instinctively, he lurched over to her, cradling her frail body in his arms, dabbing away that stray tear.

Anon, he scolded himself for even touching her, lest consoling her. This pale, frightened creature was deprived from him, for he vowed never to interact with their fragile kind. As he was the very forbidden fruit she could never have.

And yet, as he continued to gently stroke her lush curls, he couldn't help but bury his face in its tenderness. This was his female. After all these years, he'd finally found her. And she was the one thing he could never dare to keep. He'd--- He swallowed, fearing the next thing---have to let go the one and only thing that could ever show him true love and the only thing he could ever love entirely.

She whimpered in his arms, eyes still shut tightly, as if she wanted to get as far away as possible from something... or someone.

Brushing aside her curls from her sallow ear, whispering in a hypnotizing voice.

"Don't be afraid. Never hurt you."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Glowing crimson eyes flashed at the edge of her bed, making her cringe away in a panicked frenzy. Her head bashed against the headboard, and she peeked open her eyes. Acute teeth illuminated right under them, snapping as they continued to proceed towards her.