Chapter 33: Detention

Disclaimer: I'm not J.K Rowling. Nope, just little old me.

Therefore, I don't own Harry Potter, his comates or his world.

Only in my dreams I'm afraid. They're such good dreams *sob*

Chapter 33: Detention

He grinned sadistically and I knew exactly what was coming. “Oh dear me, we are in trouble!” He mused, his voice bouncing around the silent hallway. My eyes fluttered shut in anticipation. Sure enough, it came quickly after the first sentence.

“Detention.”

I didn’t want to open my eyes but knew I would have to. Slowly opening my eyes I briefly lamented that this was the first time this year I had received detention. I sort of hoped mum and dad wouldn’t be contacted either; this wouldn’t have gone down well. As it was, I knew what had to happen next; it was school policy.

We had to be taken to a member of the teaching staff.

I really hoped it wasn’t McGonagall.

So did Alice too apparently, because I heard her chanting under her breath “Not McGonagall, don’t take us to McGonagall!” I briefly hoped it might be someone like Professor Sprout or even Dumbledore, but I knew it was too much to hope for. I really didn’t need this right now!

As it was, it turns out that our fate was in the hands of someone worse than Professor McGonagall, someone who I should have initially thought of and prayed not to get but didn’t.

Filch’s smile was rather disturbing as he spun around and after a barked order to follow him, lead us towards our doom. Down we went, descending through the back passages that students rarely frequented. When we ended up outside a familiar door I paled and knew things just went from bad, to fucking terrible.

Filch rapped cheerfully on the door and a few minutes later the door swung open to reveal a very angry Potions Master.

I wanted the floor to open up and swallow me whole.

Snape blinked a few times, trying to make sense of what he was seeing. We all looked like messes; Colin barely conscious. I couldn’t meet his eyes and instead stared determinedly at the floor, my arms wrapped around my torso hiding my wound. My hair hung around my face, but I could still feel his stare.

It was silent for a few minutes, and when Filch realised not much punishment was currently going on he spoke up. “I found this group wandering through the corridors Professor Snape. By the looks of them they’ve run something afoul in the Forbidden Forest.” Filch declared triumphantly. I winced; if only it was that simple.

Snape seemed to snap out of whatever daze he’d fallen into because his voice came then. “Yes well, I shall deal with them now. Thank you Mr Filch.” He said abruptly and gestured for us all to go inside his office. We all staggered in and I heard the door bang behind us. Snape swooped around and sat down at his desk with a flourish of his robes.

He looked up and surveyed us all, then with an angry flick of his wand conjured a chair for Colin who was swaying on his feet. Alice and Ivy pushed him down into the seat were he promptly fainted. I sent a concerned look towards the passed out Colin and was overwhelmed with guilt. God, this was my entire fault!

“I shall not labour under any false pretences here.” Snape said, his voice dangerously calm. I saw Jen wince. “What you did was absurdly dangerous, and utterly stupid.” Snape barked, suddenly becoming angry. A collective flinch went around the group. “Do you have any idea how serious this situation is?” Snape hissed, his fists balling on the desk.