Chapter 21: AV

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or his World

I do however own a cute little light green Toyota Echo (car)

If only owning HP would be as easy as a car. *sigh*

Chapter 21: AV

I stared glumly at the sheet in front of me, my chicken scrawl writing seeming to look like a violent splash of ink on the parchment sitting admonishingly in front of me. Similarly, I could feel the accusing glare of Jen in the desk across from me. Though I couldn’t understand why, it was her fault we were being punished anyway. If anyone should have been angry, it should have been me.

But I wasn’t, just more resigned and chagrined.

Like Albert Speer, I accepted responsibility in my co-mate’s criminality.

I was even going to my own version of Spandau.

The Hogwarts version was run by a woman called Professor McGonagall who wielded a stern expression, hard quills and parchment. A prison warden more effective than the allied soldiers at the Nuremburg trials. Perhaps they all were taught by the Professor.

But I suppose that’s a bit unfair.

I brought it on myself.

I suppose you’re wondering what happened.

It didn’t take long for me to heal, and after I was released from the hospital wing, I had been so sullen I ignored Jen for two weeks straight, not even looking her in the eyes. Every class with her I had I had purposely sat with someone else, far away from our usual seats. I think our class mates got the picture eventually, that all was not happy in the Overseas Mission camp.

Finally, Alice had had enough, sat us both down and told us to get over it quick smart or she’ll go ape shit on us. That did it and I grudgingly accepted her strained apology. To try and heal the rift, Alice suggested that we should pull a prank to get us to work together, and all that great Gryffindor sentimental stuff. Two rows, one grazed knuckle and one black eye later, Jen and I had finally come to a consensus in what prank we were going to pull.

Well technically it wasn’t one prank, it was a lot of the most stupid ones pilled together.

The amazing thing was, we actually didn’t get caught doing them. We got caught after by one of the Slytherin Prefects and Jen had lost her shit and started a fight in the corridors, with everyone ending up throwing hexes at each other. Why, McGonagall believed the Slytherin’s over us was beyond explanation, but it seemed she still held a grudge against me for some reason and punished the both of us for starting fights.

So that’s what led to us sitting in McGonagall’s classroom late at night writing over and over I will not start fights nor provoke my fellow students. Of course we never owned up to what we really did, and in a way I suppose it was good that we didn’t, because we probably would have been punished more for what we had actually done than what we were accused of.

What did we do? I was sort of hoping you would ask.

The first thing we did on the infamous list of ‘150 Things I Will Not Do At Hogwarts’ was relatively easy and simple. And quite harmless really. Number 36; I will not change the password to the prefect’s bath to “Makes getting clean almost as much fun as getting dirty”.

The next one was a slight step up. Number 66; It is inappropriate to slip sample bottles of Selsun Blue into Professor Snape’s personal post box.

The one after that was yet another level. Number 100; I am not allowed to introduce Peeves to paintballing. This was a bit hard to achieve, but once we convinced the Poltergeist that we meant no harm and wanted to help him create chaos and anarchy we quickly won him over. He started paintballing random students the next morning on their way to classes and he had been aiming at everyone but us at every opportunity he could.