Chapter 12: Pigs, Mud and an Angry Potions Master

A/N: It's me! Yeah, I'm back... again. Here to post another chapter. I know I posted on Sunday, but I was having a mid week slump and was thinking you proabably were too, so I decided to update for you.

Time now for my usual speil; I own nothing bar original characters- everything else goes to our favourite british lady who thought up this world on a train and wrote it on a napkin.

The result?

Pure genius and a Historical novel which has effected a whole generation.

Chapter 12: Pigs, mud and an angry potions master

Care For Magical Creatures class was cancelled today, apparently; Professor Kettleburn had been supposedly been summoned for a ministry job, under specific request of the minister, or so his owl said. Since our class was so small, they had not felt the need to put on a substitute teacher for the small amount of students, they gave us the lesson as a study period, which roughly translated to ‘Do-whatever-the-hell-you-want-to-lesson.’ It was fine by me. The only bummer was, everyone else was in classes.

Jen was in Ancient Runes with Collin; Will was in Arithmancy and Alice was in Astronomy with Ivy.  So I was on my own. After wandering the halls aimlessly for half an hour, I decided that a walk around the grounds would be nice as there were many parts of the school that I had not yet seen.

But I didn’t really feel like going for a walk on my own, and it didn’t take me long to figure out who my companion would be. Since most of the people in my class ignored me as they considered me a ‘savage from the wilds of Australia’ (I’m really not kidding, I overheard an up herself Slytherin hiss this to her friend as I walked past. She also said I was ‘tragic.’ Go figure.) And I wasn’t too keen on them either; there was only one real person to come with me.

Alfred.

The poor pig was with staying with Mr Filch, as I couldn’t physically fit him in my own room, and my roommates would more than likely complain of his… natural perfume.  So, after freeing my mate from the dastardly clutches of Mrs Norris, I only to happily took Alfred for a stroll around the grounds.

Alfred loved the freedom, but stuck close by my side as I gave him a tour around the ground floor, then took him past the whomping willow and then on to familiar territory. Hey, I’m not that brave! They put me in Hufflepuff for a reason! If I was with Alice, she would have gone romping into every forbidden thing on site, and dragged me along with her. I was actually rather surprised she hadn’t done that yet.

As we reached the slope on the way down to Hagrid’s, I paused, looking out onto the treetops of the forbidden forest. While nothing seemed out of place, something in my gut told me something was up. I don’t really know what it was, maybe it was one of those weird genetic Varias freaky gene things that seemed to be happening more and more often.  Alfred sat beside me and his wet, pink nose nudged my hand. I couldn’t help but feel grateful to Dumbledore for convincing Professor M for letting me bring him.

As always, Alfred and I were content with the comfortable silence. The cool, crisp January wind whipped through the forest trees and sent my hair into a flutter. Albert snorted, his nose snuffling the ground for something unknown. Alfred’s head popped up suddenly and he gave an indignant snort in the direction of the castle. He trotted back over to me and head butted my leg.

I frowned down at him “What’s wrong pig?” I asked, scratching behind is ear. “Miss MacKay.” Slithered an all too familiar greasy voice. I winced and turned around and spotted a sneering black puddle of misery, slipping down the hill and towards me. “Great.” I muttered to Alfred, “What have I done now?”