XV

I spotted Malakei in front of me as he stumbled forward looking as if he was trying to run away from something, or perhaps someone. I frowned as I met him along our paths and immediately reached out a hand to stop him. Instead, as clumsy as he is; he ran full force into me. Sending both of us soaring to the ground in a painfully mangled heap.

"What the fuck Malakei." I groaned as I began to move my arms above me in a position to get up. Malakei was already up and cursing as he pulled me to my feet causing me to stumble.

"Mal!" I yelp and turn to him with a stare that would make snakes cower. He cringed and began pushing me back. I grab his arm and stop him. Tightening my grip on it painfully making him grunt. He grabs my arm and looks me dead in the eye, fear evident in them.

"My brother is looking for us." He rushes out slightly panting and my eyes widen.

"What?"

"My brother-"

"I heard you the first time! We need to-"

"Malakei!"

Both of our heads turn towards the booming voice. Our expression similar as we stared over at the towering Dry Lander. An axe in his hand. Eyes ablaze with fury.

I heard that Charon was known for being mean and frightening. The stories lived up to their expectations. When he spotted me, his eyes darkened and before I know it, an axe is being thrown at me.

Malakei yelps and pushes me out of the way before we both set off running through the back of tents. Making sure to not run in a straight line as that would be easier for Charon to strike us. I hoped he wouldn't. He wouldn't kill his brother would he?

"Duck!" Malakei screamed as his hands pushed down on my shoulders and I gasped when an axe came hurtling through the air. Wedging itself in the grass a few feet away from me. My eyes widened.

He wouldn't kill his brother but he would definitely kill me.

"To a public area!" Malakei yelped as he grabbed my hand and dragged me to the benches where most of us eat breakfast. Even though it was a little late, there was the hope of some still hanging around there or having a late breakfast.

'I'm going to fucking kill you both with my bare hands!'

Charon screamed in Bulgarian at us and I began to panic. I looked to Malakei in fear but he kept a neutral face as he gripped my hand tightly and kept me at his side. We ventured through tents, making our way to the breakfast area. We broke through finally into the open and noticing not many were there except for Corrin. My eyes lit up at the sight of my friend and I immediately ran to him. He noticed us and frowned at our grim expressions, standing up.

"What's wrong-"

I quickly pushed him out of his seat to run and he staggered backwards, looking at me in confusion.

"Get help." I panted out.

"My brother is trying to kill us." Malakei explains shortly before pushing a frozen and still confused Corrin. Starting to get frustrated with the elf as he refused to use his feet.

"Go!" Malakei boomed threateningly and I have never seen him so terrifying in that moment, if my mind wasn't preoccupied with Mal's brother and trying to survive. Corrin stumbles back before turning around and sprinting into a run. I whipped my head around in search for Charon or his flying axe and a moment passes with Malakei and I back to back as we circled around. Our eyes darting around us trying to spot his brother before he could attack us.

"I've avoided him until now." Malakei pants. "I should've known he'd be snooping in my tent waiting for me."

"Dammit Mal." I whimper as I mentally curse the boy for being so stupid but knew in the end that he would eventually cross paths with his brother and they would have to talk about Mal just leaving without saying anything.