Everything has changed

Hannah's P.O.V.

It was a sunday night, I told my mom I was going to spend the night with Quin. She was drunk when I told her so I bet any excuse would have worked. Maybe I should've been spending that time with Quin but the heart wants what the heart wants. I was cuddled up on Kyle's couch, in a blanket, snuggling him. We were watching romantic movies. Just us, the fire place, and the good ol' TV. I leaned my head on his should and he rested his chin atop my head. It was probably the sweetest thing i'd ever experienced at the time. 

"There's just something about you," Kyle sounded intrigued. 

"And what's that?" I questioned.

"I'm not sure. But something just makes me want to lift your lips toward mine," he paused, "and kiss you" I smiled. Suprisingly to all of you, I bet, that was the night I had my first kiss. He gently lifted my chin and turned to towards him and kissed me. My stomache was doing somersaults. I felt so light headed. I leaned my head back on his and fell asleep.

10:32 am, read my cellular.  Shit. I was two and half hours late for school, Kyle was too. I shook him like there was a tretcherous storm heading towards us. "What what what!" he sounded alarmed. I showed him my phone and he said "shit!" we ran to his room. I forgot to pack new clothes so he just gave me one of his shirts, and i kept my leggings on. I liked baggy shirts because I was often critized for being too skinny and those were the only things that didn't outline every bone in my body. He slipped on a t-shirt and some sweatpants. Sweatpants were my weakness. Any guy could look hot in the right pair of sweat pants, but not as hot as Kyle. I gazed up and down on his outfit.

"Checkin' me out? Wow that's never happened before!" he almost sounded too excited.

"Psh.. no. dork" I blushed and looked away while twirling some hair on my finger. 

He stepped up to me and said, "The dork that you love" and he kissed my forehead. 

I didn't tell him but I always checked him out, even before I thought of him being attractive. The truth is I was never honest with myself. I didn't want to fall in love, or in-like with anyone really. Too risky, too dangerous. Things were different now, I wanted to try this thing called love, I heard it was beautiful, but it felt like much more than that.

We both darted throug the hallways to math, third period and bursted through the door. 

"Sorry!" we said simotaniously as we charged to our seats. We were getting looks from everyone in the class. Kaigha was in the seat behind me. She passed me a note that read 'You say I walk all over people, at least I don't makeout with losers to make them feel good, so I can feel good' I crumpled the paper, uncrumpled it, ripped it up, and through it on her desk.

"You know Ms.Hannah, those notes were probably important for your upcoming quiz.. Better get some new notes from a friend." Mr. Jacobson snapped. Crap. I forgot the only other friend I had in this class was Kyle, and he came just as late as I did. The bell rang. I started to trail off with Kyle when Lily came and tapped my shoulder, "Need these?" She handed me the notes. That's right! Lily's my friend! "Thank you so much Lily," I smiled. She put her hand out to Kyle, "I'm Lily!" Kyle returned the hand shake with, "Kyle." Lily got all blushy, "You're cute, wanna hang sometime?" Both mine and Kyle's smiles dropped. My face was red. "Um," Kyle paused and looked at me, "I'm taken by a girl I really love. But I'd love to be your friend," He grabbed my hand. "I am so sorry!" Lily was embarassed and ashamed. It was okay because she didn't know, so I let it slide. She stood on the other side of me and we all walked to our fourth hour, study hall. Sadly, Kaigha was also in that class.

We walked into the library and thank God Kaigha was at a different table, Lily took her spot. Shortly after we sat down, Gabe Hamel came and joined us. Him and Kyle were good friends. Lilys thoughts of Kyle being cute completely evaporated when she saw Gabe. He had Blonde-short-swooped to the side hair with blue eyes and perfectly tanned skin. Did I forget to mention his biceps and deeply defined 6-pack that Lily had yet to discover? Oh.. He's smart too.. heh..  They started talking and seemed like they could relate on a lot of things. Kyle and I kept working. 

'Then Lincolin signed the bill in 1862 that stated...'  "Double date on Friday!" Lily exclaimed interrupting my intense study mode that everyone knows never to interrupt. I just let it go because she still new to all of this.

When it became time for lunch, I decided I wanted to go visit Quin alone so I did exactly that.

------

I entered the doors, "HANNAH HANNAH HANNAH HANNAH HANNAH!" he shouted with joy in his eyes.

"Baby boy! I've missed you I am so sorry!" Tears rolled down my cheeks as I went to hug him. 

We talked for so long. I forgot to go back to school. Oops. As he was telling me one of his millions of hospital stories, he made a loud gasp, and started choking. Blood started dripping out of his nose and a few seconds later he began coughing it out. 

"Nurse, NURSE!" I called. It seemed like a year before they finally came running in, but it was only 30 seconds after my shouting. "Ma'am I'm going to have to ask you to step out of the room!" a nurse began to lead me out of the door.

I saw Quin's pale face. His nose down was just covered in blood. His eyes were puffy and bloodshot. he was still choking and twitching rapidly. I was screaming and crying trying not to let the nurse push me out but another nurse came to help the other evacuate me from the room. I was an emotional wreck. I felt so guilty for not visiting him as often. I thought of how I could've been with Quin, and not with Kyle, or at the beach, or the hospital dealing with my own damn problems. I called my mom but she didn't answer. She was an alcoholic, she needed to go to rehab. I was so frusterated. How could you be so selfish as to drink instead of see your dying child.

"1...2...3... CLEAR!" I heard twice. The rest was just mumbling. Five hours later I was holding my knees to my chest, still crying, just gently. A nurse came out and said, "He is in a coma, but is expected to wake shortly." In that moment I felt my heart fly in and out of my chest rapidly. I can't afford to lose another person I loved so much. I went to his room and placed his tiny hand in mine. He was so young, to young to have to deal with this. They were just going to send him home too. It will at least be a month now. 

I became startled by a subtle buzz coming from my back pocket. Kyle was calling me. 

"Kyle" I said softly

"Hannah?!" He said in a pannick

"Quin is in a coma"

"Do you need me to come up?"

"No but could you please go get my mother? I'm scared she's too drunk to drive and she hasn't answered the phone"

"sure babe. Love you, see you soon"

"Thanks bye" I hung up abruptly. I didn't even say I love you. I began to second guess if I really did love him. Love isn't what anyone thinks it is. For me, love is hospital visits, laughs shared with Quin, smiles with him, and feeling my heart warm as I notice his face light up when he sees me. I was pretty sure I loved Kyle, and I knew that love was different for family and boyfriends, but I heard love hurts and I didn't have any room for anymore pain. Although, Kyle always lifts up my spirits, so maybe I was just being crazy and had no reason to second guess. 

The hours had passed and Kyle wasn't returning my calls. Quin wasn't awake and I began to get very nervous so I decided to drive over to Kyle's to see what the holdup was. I pulled in the drive way and noticed Kaigha's jeep. I ran inside and up the stairs. I lost my breath, and I wasn't sure if it was because I just bolted up the stairs, or because what I just saw. Kaigha was on top of Kyle, and they were making out. They both turned and Kyle instantly pushed Kaigha away. My cheeks were burning and my stomach was flipping. I was speechless.

"Hannah it's not what it looks like" he says and trips. Kaigha smirks at me. That bitch.

"Really because I'm pretty sure I know what I just saw" hot tears cascaded down my cheeks. 

Kyle had just passed out on the floor infront of me. He seemed really drowsy when he was awake, man Kaigha and him must've had a lot of fun if he really just collapsed and fell asleep like that. I ran off to process my thoughts. I got in my car to go get my damned stupid mother and take her to her dying son. As soon as I got home I rushed inside. I saw something that would change Quin and my own life forever.