One day

Hannah's P.O.V.

(Dream sequence)
As I pranced down the stairs, the smell of pancakes and syrup filled the air. My mouth watered at the thought of chomping on a nice breakfast on the first day of summer. I reach the kitchen and see my favorite breakfast all made up.
"Morning mom! Hello daddy! Hey Quinny!" I can't help but notice how high pitch my voice sounds.
"Hey baby! It's summer finally!" My mom's face is plush.
"Morning sweetheart" my dad squeezes my cheek. We all sit down around the table to eat breakfast. I have the biggest stack of pancakes at the table.
"You have always been my best eater!" My mom said with a smile.
We ate and laughed for a long time.
"Hannah banana, you turn ten tomorrow!" My dad said. Ten? I'm sixteen!
"And Quinny will be one month old" Quin is six, he's supposed to be in the hospital. And my dad's gone, and my mom's...dead. Everything was so peaceful, so happy, until reality set in. As I open my mouth to take my final bite, three men in black burst through the door. They have sunglasses on, so they are unidentifiable. They rampage in and yank away Quin from his chair. There is nothing he can do. The next man goes for my dad. The man turns into an alluring female prostitute and my dad goes willingly. The final and most intimidating man drags my mom by her pony tail. She puts up the biggest fight. She claws and she scratches at the... bottle of alcohol? The once scary man turns into a giant bottle of wine with arms and once that happens, she loosens up. She doesn't fight any longer. It drags her out and slams the door shut behind her. I was left to decay in the rubble. I was supposed to clean up this mess all alone. I was a lost little girl without anyone around to help her up. I start sobbing.

(Dream sequence over)

I wake up at 3:46 am on a Monday morning with a tear soaked pillow. I remember my recent dream and start to wail all over again. Two minutes later, at 3:48 am, my house phone starts to ring. I hesitate to pick it up, because who would even call at this hour on a school night? But something tells me it's important. I read the caller ID. It's the hospital.
"Is this the mother of Quin?" I hear Quin's doctor ask.
"No, it's his sister what's going on?" I frantically ask.
"He's had a massive hemorrhage and we can't get him stable." My heart sinks. "Come down immediately." I drop the phone and run to my car in my underwear and a shirt. On the way to the hospital my vision is so blurry I can barely drive. I pull up and do the worst parking job I've ever done and ran to the doors. On my path to find Quin, I cut off an old man being rapidly wheeled to the ICU, where I will find Quin. Guilt doesn't even tap me in the heart for a second, because I don't have one anymore. I see them trying to revive Quin. I run through the doors shouting his name. They step away and I kiss his cheek and say "baby it's gunna be okay! I'm here now"
"Ma'am," the nurse pulls me away, "WE NEED TO OPERATE ON HIM NOW, SO YOU NEED TO GET OUT!" Her tense grip on me releases as I stop dragging myself towards him. My baby brother. I am brought to the waiting room. I call people to let them know to come down once I finally calm. Within ten minutes, my dad, Kaigha, my grandparents, and Kyle are there. Kyle wraps his arms around me and rocks me back and forth whilst whispering "it's gunna be okay." Three hours later a doctor walks towards us. "I need Quin's immediate family." He looks so tired, so distraught. My dad and I walk up, "How is he? Is he okay now?" I ask with high hopes.
"We could not stabilize him. I'm sorry for your loss. He is ready for goodbyes." I started crying all over again as I collapse to the floor. Why do I lose everyone I love? Why me? What the hell is wrong with me? My dad crying harder than I, drags me up and to Quin's room. "Quin," my dad trying so hard to gather himself, "I regret every second I spent without you. I hurt our whole family. I love you, Quin. You are my baby boy, my baby b-" his words are cut short because he is choking on his own tears. He squeezes Quin's hand, "I love you. Tell mommy hello for me, I will always be your daddy." He says in a hushed tone. He kissed Quin's forehead one last time and steps away. It is just Quin and I, and I don't really know how to form a coherent thought anymore, but I'm gunna try to anyways. "You were the one person who was a steady in my life. You kept me going. I was so hurt by everyone I loved, except you. You were the only light I had ever known this year. I am going to miss you so much. I don't know how I'm going to live without you. At least you can be with mommy now. Please tell her she was enough for me, and that I will always love her. I love you Quinny Boy, I know we'll meet again. See you later," I said in denial of the fact that I would never see him again. Heaven isn't real. God would never put someone through this much pain. I kiss Quin's cheek and slowly leave the room. As the door shuts a flashback of everything that ever happened in my life lathers my brain. As the door shuts I say goodbye to all of my memories. As the door shuts I realize that the past is the past. I've lost a number of important people in my life, but I cannot and will not let that effect me as a person. I will live for my mom and I will live for Quin. I will never forget them. Ever. When I get back out to the people here for Quin, I realize they aren't just here for Quin. They are here for me too. As Kyle and I hug, each person adds on and soon it's a clump of sobbing people who love each other. As depressing as this is, it makes me happy to know that I am not alone, and I never will be. I hope one day instead of crying about my memories of Quin, I will laugh. I know one day that I will smile, and I will be happy. Rest In Peace Quin. I love you.