Chapter 3

I looked at hayes, "hayes, what do you wanna do the rest of the day?" I asked him. he looked at me, and he started to think, "let's play some video games for a bit then we can go to the park!" he said with a big smile, I giggled. we then raced inside, he let me win of course. we then started to play call of duty on my Xbox, we were on different teams and he was beating me by 3 kills, after 5 minutes I caught up with him, the game was almost over I saw him sneaking around a corner and sniped him, that was when the game was over. I cheered and did a little happy dance. he laughed and we played another round, and by the time we finished it was 3:30 pm, we decided to go to the park, once we got there we walked around. we ended up at a small lake with fishes in it. we heard the ice cream truck near by, "want an ice cream faith?" he asked, I nodded yes, "can you get me a cookies and cream please?" I asked him. he nodded and left to the truck. I just watched the fishes swim, I heard footsteps behind me so I assumed it was hayes, "hey that was quick" I said, I turned around and it wasn't hayes, it was Taylor and Matt. I was now terrified, I sat there frozen while they just walked closer, "please don't hurt me" I said kind of quietly. they laughed and I felt them pick me up, "LET ME GO!" I yelled, they were walking towards the water, they knew I couldn't swim. That was when I was thrown, I felt water getting into my lungs, this might be the end, I thought. I tried to pull myself up, but it wouldn't work. I then heard someone yelling "FAITH!!!" And then a splashing, that was when I blacked out.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I woke up to a bright light shinning in my eyes, I groaned and rubbed my eyes and realized I was in a hospital room. "Faith! oh my gosh your awake!" my eyes finally adjusted, and I saw hayes. "I thought I was going to lose you again...i was so scared...." he said quietly, I barely heard it. "it's alright hayes, I'm here...dont be scared...im not going to leave the only person who truly cares about me." I said while smiling. he smiled, it was obvious that he had been crying. "how long was I out for hayes....?" I asked him, I felt really weak. "it has only been 5 hours...they sucked all the lake water out of your system, you may feel kind of week so I'm going to have you stay here till you feel healthy again." he said I nodded, I just wondered why they would go that far and tried to kill me. they knew I couldn't swim, they knew everything about me, and here they are using it against me. I had the hospital gown on so the scars on my arms were visible. I looked at hayes and he was looking at them, he held up my right arm and kept staring at them, "I wish I was there before the scars...." he said quietly, "you better go home hayes, your parents must be worried about you... I'm just going to go back to sleep, come back after school tomorrow?" I told him, he nodded, "but I'm going to stay here until you fall asleep," I smiled. my eyes soon grew heavy and I let the dreamless sleep take over me....

~Hayes POV~
i was walking back to the lake to see Taylor and Matt in the water laughing and no faith, that was when I knew what they did. I dropped our ice cream and ran to the lake, "FAITH!!!" I yelled, I jumped into the water and took her out, Taylor and Matt were still laughing, "HOW COULD YOU DOUCHES DO THIS!!! YOU ALL KNEW SHE COULDNT SWIM, AND YOU DECIDED TO THROW HER IN THE LAKE?!!!??? YOU GUYS ARE MONSTERS FOR TRYING TO KILL AN INNOCENT GIRL!!!" I yelled at them, I ran to the nearest hospital, and they took her in immediately, while I waited in the waiting room. I cried into my hands while waiting for her, after about an hour or two the doctor came in and told me that he took all the water out of her system and she was going to be weak for a couple of weeks, so they are having her stay in the hospital till she's healthy again. I waited another three hours or so and she finally woke up, we talked for a bit and she told me to go home and visit her tomorrow. so after she fell asleep I kissed her forehead and left. I walked back home. once I opened the door I saw Nash and his friends fooling around. I glared at them, "hey lil bro" said Nash, I ignored him and went to my room slamming the door, "WHATS YOUR PROBLEM!?" He yelled, I opened the door and yelled at him "WHAT MY PROBLEM IS THAT YOUR TWO FRIENDS MATT AND TAYLOR TRIED TO KILL FAITH!! THEY THREW HER INTO THE LAKE AND LAUGHED AT HER DROWNING!!! NOW SHES IN THE FUCKING HOSPITAL!!" he looked at me wide eyes and then looked at Matt and Taylor, they had guilt written all over their face, they should be guilty. Faith doesn't deserve to be treated like that. no one does.