Chapter 15

Soundtrack:

----------------

Don't forget where you belong - One Direction

Clarity P.O.V

~~~~~~~~~~

After getting ready and completing my morning routine, I ask Harry if he can drive me back to my place.

"Sure." He agrees, putting on a red plaid t-shirt. I give him a grateful smile and walk over to his fascinating brown couch. As I sit there, all I can think about is yesterday. Jacob already knows my regular hang outs so I'll have to avoid such places, he also knows my styles so I'll have to change that as well. All his knowledge about me are his pin points, as long as I'm not myself...I'll be safe.

"Ready to go?" Harry asks, grabbing his keys. I nod and follow him out to his car. My thoughts begin to wander from Jacob to Harry as I sit on the passenger seat of Harry's car. Last night was a big sack of embarrassing but Harry didn't question a single thing. I'm not really sure if it was because I had an gurnard or because I was frightened of being alone but it's sure glad that Harry let me sleep with him, let alone stay the night at his place. I wipe my sweaty palms against the hem of my gray tang top, then zip up my leather jacket. What if Jacob is still waiting for me at my apartment? What if he has his gang out on the look for me? I put my hands between my kens and adjust my skinny jeans to somehow distract myself during the five hour drive.

Harry parks his car in front of my apartment building as I look up at the window of my apartment. The dark red curtains have been drawn, blocking me from seeing the inside of my apartment. As we walk inside, I begin to desire that the drive would've been longer. My head seems to have been replaced by a giant boulder making each step I take a dizzy leap. I begin to feel drunk as we step into the elevator. Harry presses the button and the elevator starts to move upwards. The delicious breakfast Harry prepared for me this morning seems to be rising up from my stomach and I doubt I'll enjoy it this time. I let out a shaky sigh and suddenly feel the world tilt to the side. Something grabs me sharply by the waist, I turn to face Harry's face. His face is somehow blurry but I hear him say "You were falling.". I return back to my regular position and grip the metal bar to support my balance. I dread the ding of the bell that clearly indicates we have reached the 4th floor. I allow Harry to lead me out of the elevator and into the hall. Even though I'm feeling quite nauseous, I manage to walk although I have to cling onto Harry's shoulder in order not to fall. When someone gets Jacob pissed...eh doesn't go lightly on them at all...me being one of his very own victims, I'm lucky to be alive.

The minute we're in front of the door, I can tell something is wrong. The door knob has been forcibly yanked off the door knob. Splinters of wood spike out around the border where the door knob once lay.

"Oh shit!" I think, as I gently push the door open with no need of my key. The door creaks open, revealing the inside if my apartment. I nearly scream. The bed mattress has been flipped around and burnt,the bathroom mirror is broken, it's glass fractals dispersed among the carpeted floor. My dresser destroyed and burnt, crushing my crisped phone under its weight, I notice some blood splattered on the border of its wooden frame. Great..somebody was shot. Holes and dents are scattered amongst the beige walls. The jerk set fire to my house! I bend down to inspect the blood, letting my tears fall down like the water leaking from the shower. Harry bends down next to me and tries turning on my phone. Nothing, the thing is dead. Everything that was left here last night...dead.

"I'm...I'm so sorry." Harry whispers, as his hand rubs my back. The thing is...sympathy is no use to me right now...revenge is.

Harry P.O.V

~~~~~~~~~~~

I have to get Clarity out of here, all this would do is dismiss the possibility of me ever seeing that rare smirk again.

"You can stay at my house until they fix it up." I insinuate, helping her up.

"And who's THEY, Harry? Who's going to fix this? If you're looking for the answer it's no one, no one is going to fix this...I HAVE no one, Harry." Clarity blubbers, laying her head on the wall near the door.

"You have to be more romantic" Zayn had said, if I remember his words precisely.

"You have me." I choke out the words. Forcibly romantic...not my thing.

Clarity doesn't look at me, all she does is stare down at the floor. Should I have said that? Will those words just have made the situation worse? Clarity tilts her head back and lets out a deep sigh.

"What are you playing at?" She asks, wiping tears from her cheeks.

"What do you mean?" I ask, not knowing how to react to this.

"You saved my key, said I was beautiful, asked me out on a date, let me stay at your place, let me sleep with you when I had a nightmare, accompanied me here, and now you're saying you care about me...what does Daniella want?" Clarity questions.

Oh God! How am I supposed to answer that?

"At the party, you said we would never have to see each other again. Ever since then all I see IS you." She adds.

Be romantic. Be romantic.

"I guess you're just too beautiful too stay away from."

Clarity chuckles, giving me a sneak peek at her unique smile.

"Stop lying, what does Daniella want?"

I don't know whether to lie or tell the truth but at the same time, Clarity doesn't deserve to be lied too.

"She doesn't want anything, why can't you just accept the fact you're gorgeous?"

Clarity shakes her head and wipes away any sing of tears.

"Cause I'm anything but," she does air quotations with her fingers. "Gorgeous."

Honestly, if she didn't smoke and wasn't involved in such situations that can get her house burnt...I would date her.

"Lies, stop beating yourself down, you're just too beautiful for words." I say.

"Are you flirting with me?"

"I wouldn't call it flirting, just acknowledging the fact that you're better than words."

"That's just a fancy definition for flirting."

"Then I guess I'm flirting."

Clarity smiles and I treasure the moment she does. Something ignites inside of me at the sight of that smile...those eyes, the radiance and happiness that comes with just her smiling. Liam had said that Clarity rarely smiled, she was too depressed, too alone. Yet, she has smiled twice with me. TWICE! Along. With the fact she hasn't been smoking for 3 days! Suddenly, I can see real beauty under those layers and layers of depression. I can see happiness.