Chapter 12

Soundtrack:

Broken hearted ~ Karmin

Clarity P.O.V

I don't exactly know what's gotten into me, first the tattoo, now this!

"What?" I cough out. "What type of date?"

"Just as...friends. To know more about each other." Harry explains.

To know more about each other!!!! Yeah, I know what's going on.

"No, Harry, I've told you once...I've told you twice, you know nothing about me so stop trying to -"

He interrupts me.

"Sorry, I phrased that incorrectly...look, do you just want to go out somewhere? Eat something? I don't know." Harry passes his hand through his hair.

I look at his face and once again I see Jacob.

"No! Never again! No! No! No!" I blurt out, backing away slowly.

The Jacob mirage dissolves away to reveal a normally confused Harry.

"A simple 'no' would've been enough, really." He says, not the least bit hurt by my rejection.

He doesn't continue walking, like Jacob would've done, he stays there...asking if I feel ok.

"I'm ok." I assure him, feeling incredibly foolish of being guided by a simple eye trick.

"Are you sure you 'never again' wanna go get some lunch or go to the movies?" Harry jokes, using my neglecting word.

"You're not going to get a drink to share right?" I ask.

"No."

"And you're not going to accidentally drop it on me...right?"

"No, why would I?"

"No reason." I lie, walking forward.

"So where do you want to go?" Harry asks, walking up to my side.

"The movies would be ok." I say, crossing my arms over my chest.

A smile appears on Harry's face, as he takes out his wallet.

"Which movie?" He asks.

"There's one that's been recently released, it's called 'After'. It's part of a series and judging by the trailer," a mischievous smile forms on my lips. "It's my thing."

Harry begins to chuckle, as he stops a taxi and allows me to get in first.

"Sir, The nearest movie theatre, please." Harry says, sitting down and beginning to juggle the orange around.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

When we arrive at the movie theatres, Harry looks at the "After" poster hanging on the walk of "Now showing" films. It's a picture of the two main character Tessa and Jackson. It shows a pretty mature scene which causes Harry to give me a bewildered look.

"Like I said. It's my thing." I smile, taking my ticket from his hand and walking into the theatre.

Harry catches up to me.

"What's it about?" He asks, as we give our tickets to the woman who tells us where to go.

"For me to know and you to find out." I chuckle.

We enter the movie room and the movie flickers onto the screen. The minute the first sex scene appears, I glance over at Harry and try hard not crack up laughing at his face as he holds a pop corn halfway into mouth.

Harry P.O.V.

"After" that used to be a regular word to me. Now that I have finished the movie, I can't help but feel...different.

"What did you think?" Clarity asks, throwing a popcorn in the air, titling her head and letting it drop into her mouth.

"It was...vibrant." I say, remembering the "making love" scenes.

Clarity laughs, shaking her bag of popcorn.

"You handled the extreme scenes quite well." She acknowledges.

I nod, trying to think of cats juggling oranges instead of what I just saw.

"I'm sure glad you liked it," She smiles. "They're making a sequel next year on my very birthday!"

I ignore the fact of the squeal and realize that Clarity just smiled! She didn't bite it back this time! She actually just smiled! It wasn't forced, like last night, it was actually quite free..quite real.

"You just...you smiled! You..." I say, pointing at her.

She ignores my comment. "It's actually a book on wattpad, I read the third book there, Anna is amazing! I can so get her writing!"

"You smiled!!!" I exclaim, letting the orange I've been carrying around all day drop to the floor.

"So? People can smile. You smile all the god damn time!" She shoots back.

Out of no where, I hug her, like a big, giant, cuddly panda.

In an instant, she wiggle out of my grasp.

"What the hell has gotten into you?" She exclaims, gripping her popcorn bag to keep it from falling. The smile has disappeared, and I regret ever doing anything.

"Sorry, got ahead of the plan." I say.

"Plan? What plan?" She asks, her hands on her hips now.

Oh god! I've said too much.

"Look, they're selling frozen yogurt!" I say, changing the subject. I begin to walk towards the stand but Clarity grabs my arm.

"What plan, Harry?" She repeats.

I stare down at my floor. I want to call Liam, but that would only complicate things.

Then, I remember what he wants me to do, what role I'm playing in this big game board.

"The plan I have." I lie, turning to face her again.

"I know its a plan, bastard, what is IT?" She emphasises the last word.

"The plan is to reach my goal of getting your number." I lie once again. "I'm to shy to just ask for someone's number immediately to their face." Not true!

She releases my arm. I can't tell if she believes me or not. A laugh finally escapes her.

"God heaven and Mary, Harry!" She takes out a small object about the size of my palm. I think it's her cigarette pack but she begins to type on it.

I look at her hands to see a small, old fashioned phone. She had that thing! I feel and as I take out my golden iPhone 5s with its smooth feature while hers had cracks and half of the border of the phone missing, revealing wires.

She gives me her number, and I give her mine. I basically did an order from Daniella and. Liam without them even asking me.

"Why do you want my number?" She asks, placing her phone back in her bag.

"You seem very interesting, I'd like to have more contact with you." I smile, putting my phone away before she starts staring at it too much.

Her eyes stayed glue to me as her face goes blank. Dang! What did I do?

"You...you want me to walk home with you?" I suggest, regretting the words as soon as I said them.

"No, no, I can manage alone." Without even a good bye, she turns and walks out of the theatre, leaving me wishing to see that beautiful smile of hers.

(Hello amazing readers! I just want to say that it literally "lights up my world" when you guys comment on my story and all that! Some of you know that I'm actually working on the trailer for this book and once it's completed I will be posting the link on one of the chapters. Thank you so much for commenting, voting, and most importantly reading! Stay amazayn! Happy Reading!)