alternate ending

A/N: to clarify since some people are confused, this is the second ending to this story. the actual ending ends at the epilogue.
_________

reverse ending - only a dream
time: 6.30am
location: mark's home

~~~

Mark flicks his eyes open, gasping as he shoots up from his pillow. he was drenched in perspiration, his face pale.

glancing at his table top clock, he removes himself from the trance he was in due to the dream he had. mentally slapping himself awake, he gets out of bed to prepare for school.

instead of heading to the bathroom, he heads to his desk where his mobile phone was left charging overnight, immediately sending hae soo a message.

mark🌟: haesoo!

biting his lower lip, he breathes a sigh of relieve as hae soo starts typing.

hae soo❤️ is typing

hae soo❤️: yeah, mark? you don't usually text me this early...

he swiftly types back.

mark🌟: never mind me. I'll explain to you in school...see you, then.

after he confirms that the message is sent successfully, he then places his phone back on his desk as he heads off to wash up.

~~~

upon seeing hae soo enter the empty classroom, mark enthusiastically waved at her as he stays seated at his table at the corner of the classroom, by the window.

hae soo grins happily, returning a wave to her boyfriend as she plops herself on her seat right beside him.

"yah, so what exactly happened–" before she could even finish her question to mark about this morning, mark pulls her into a tight hug.

"what the, mark?" rather flustered, hae soo speaks as her voice is muffled.

"just stay like this for a while. i promise I'll explain." mark says nothing more than this as the two embrace for a few good seconds.

finally, mark pulls away with a sheepish smile plastered on his face.

"seriously, mark lee..." hae soo lets out a sigh, but she, too, couldn't help but crack a small grin. "explain, please."

"okay, okay," mark chuckled. "i just had the weirdest dream ever...it was a dream where i died, and you were so sad that I left."

"really? no wonder..." hae soo trails off, thinking.

"anyways, it isn't anything much...but it did seem quite real. nothing to worry!" mark caresses her hair, making her blush a bit.

"you know...mark," hae soo begins reluctantly with her cheeks tainted red.

"i had the same dream too."

•••

:)

a/n: today marks the first anniversary of when I started to stan NCT...it was because they won best new group on MAMA 2016, and I asked my friend who they were XD, thus this chapter for y'all who were feeling so upset bc of this ff hehe.

AND ALSO, happy 10k!

ANOTHER NOTE: PLEASE DO NOTE THAT THIS IS AN ALTERNATE ENDING. NOT THE ACTUAL ENDING.