four

four- the time isn't right.

Date: 03/07/17

~~~

mark,

why have you been ignoring me for the past few months? you were fine for the first month we spent...even when i try to talk to you again, it never works. you've become quiet,again. i miss you and your smile, your laughter. won't you tell me what happened to you?

Choi Hae Soo

mark saw the letters that hae soo sent to him, always in a post-it note, stuck to his table.

it may seem that it never bothered him, but it did. he was staying away from her, as long as he could. if it wasn't for the contract, he would've stayed with her.

well, it's not like he'll be staying away forever, the time just wasn't right.

why he did that, you say...well, because he was warned.

•••

"this contract lasts for a year, meaning you'll live for one more year," taeyong explained. "i'll extend your contract if you behave well." he went on.

"but," he started. "i'll only sign it with you on one condition."

"what?"

"the condition must not be broken. if it does, then the same goes for the contract. you'll die."

"what is the condition?"

"you must not fall in love."

•••

on the way out of the classroom, mark tossed her note into the bin. she saw it all, and grabbed his wrist, stopping him from leaving the room. she got weird stares from her other classmates, but she didn't mind one bit.

she had to know why, why he was doing this.

"why did you throw it?"

"because it's rubbish." mark uttered.

"rubbish?" she said in disbelief. "rubbish?"

"yes, it's worthless...like how you like me, but you can't even say it. you don't suppose i don't know?" he smirked. he could see tears forming in her eyes.

she bit her lip, releasing her grip and running out of the classroom in sobs.

his smirk immediately vanished from his lips. he didn't enjoy hurting her like that. it was hurting himself. he liked the way she smiled, the way she was always positive, the way she laughed.

oh, and if you were wondering, yes, hae soo likes him. obviously he knows cause he isn't dense.

he had wanted to scream into the girl's face that he liked her too, but he couldn't afford to do it. the time isn't right...

it just isn't.

~~~

A/N: angst kicking in