Chapter Eleven Talk

I woke up to hearing voices talking low. Sunlight was spilling through the windows. It must be the next morning. The voices stopped abruptly. I turned around to open my eyes and saw that Ayden and Darius were standing and starring at me. They obviously had been arguing but heard me stir as I began to wake up.

“We will finish this another time,” Darius growled at Ayden and then was a blur as he left the house. I jumped as I heard the heavy front door slam shut.

“What was that about?” I asked yawning.

“Nothing you need to worry about,” I sat up and felt sore. My lip was swollen and my right eye was closed up, and I could feel the bruise on my cheek. I smiled though.

“Seems like your always putting me to sleep,” I teased.

“You needed rest so I gave you a heavy dose,”

“I noticed,” yawning again.

“Your dad is returning tomorrow and I don’t want him to see you like this, he would freak out I am assuming,” Ayden hadn’t technically met my dad yet. But he probably had an idea of what he was like if he kept guard at my house for the last month, which honestly was kind of creepy.

"Oh ya well how are we going to do that?” he grimaced obviously worried about what my reaction would be to what he had to say next.

“Um you could drink some of my blood it has healing properties, but there is a side effect,” he looked so serious.

“And what would that be?” I said cautiously.

“It will link us slightly… psychically. The more you drink the stronger the bond,” that was interesting. I wondered what it would actually do. I was curious, but still the thought of drinking someone else’s blood was not appetizing to say the least.

“And what happens to my wounds?” I asked gesturing at them.

“They will heal rapidly and completely,” he said matter of fact. I thought for a moment, it didn’t really seem like there was a better alternative.

“Well I guess I don’t really have a choice,” I sighed. Ayden nodded, hesitated a minute and then lifted his wrist to his mouth, his face changed slightly to the vampire in him and he bit into his own wrist with a sickening crunching sound, I cringed.

“Sorry,” he said. He held his now bleeding wrist up to my mouth. I hesitated and let out a breath put my mouth on his wrist and began to suck. It was warm thick and tasted not like typical blood, it was kind of sweet.

It felt like a veil was being lifted between us. I saw Ayden’s life and his mind in mine, just as I knew he was seeing mine in his own. He glowed warmly and I could sense and feel all his emotions that he felt for me even saw some of his memories from his point of view as he did in my mind. It was very powerful and overwhelming, a weird sensational experience. It was as if we had linked to become one and our minds held each other in an embrace stronger than anything physical. It was euphoric. He pulled his wrist away then and the link was instantly broke.

“That’s enough,” he said breathing heavily I hadn’t realize I was as well. I blinked. That was the most oddest and wonderful experience yet. I felt completely connected to him now and overwhelmed by his affection for me. He was also affected by seeing into my mind as well.

“I’ll be able to sense you more clearly than others now to,” he added.

“Interesting,” was all I managed to get out. I got up off the couch to go look in the mirror as the soreness was instantly disappearing already. In the mirror I watched as the wounds grew smaller and disappeared completely. This all was so very strange. I actually laughed.