THE FIRE ESCAPE.

She strolled vigorously to the gymnasium to commence her rehearsal. But her instructor was already there to her disillusionment. She had skipped lunch  to elude any conversation which was definite a thing to transpire with a person like her and most notably; the one she'd become.
She threw her bag into a cubbyhole  and jogged to the lane without exchanging pleasantries with him.
She squat a few times pairing with press-ups and then ran around the baseball field for about 20 minutes with an unmatchable haste.

Her trainer perched on the bleachers fixed gazing at her. 
Her skill was evidently unbeatable but the girl with the skill  was misplaced.
He had soul pierced her yet  figured not what was wrong. He looked down his boots for a while and got off the bench.
He bellowed her name. His voice resonated in a second's crash leaving her with no alternative but to obey.
She walked nearer to him speechlessly as he remarked.

'Speed is developed by performing sprinting drills as well as specific run up exercises. I like how you are doing it'
'Why don't you join the jumpers?' He asked looking beyond her.
She responded with a nod and he held up her waist to the jumping  bar.  The girl wrapped herself around it before stretching her feet out in a jump.

She practised the Forsbury flop; the most widely used technique in high jumping.
It made her stay close to the bar so she could cover a great height.
She specified on her innate ability to know her position from the ground making landing easy.

All these while she uttered nothing but kept rolling and jumping until he have a grin in approval of her success at learning so quick.

For the last part of the exercise she arched a run up above the bar with her head pointing down before soaring in the wind and landing on the ground. That to be precise took a little bravery. But to her, injury was not fatal and she could risk it all.

She was through with her training before the other athletes walked casually inside. She rested on the last seat of the bleachers and read Olaf's plenty messages rolling  her eyes at them thoughtlessly.

One of the Junior yearers walked in and pointed at her. With both palms side covering her lips she muttered to Debbie that her grandfather was in the Principal's office. He hadn't asked of her but you know the relation  teenagers have with gossip.
She quickly pulled out her bag from the locker and jerked it closed as she hurried out. Her grandpa's car was parked in the visitors driveway. She walked towards the office which was partly closed,  peeped through and saw that he had faced the Lady and they seemed to be in an extremely important conversation judging from their gestures and constant nodding.

She tried eavesdropping but their voice was so down she could here nothing. Walking pass the office she  sneaked out into the driveway,
bent behind the cruiser and waited patiently until the Old man walked out with the Principal.
They shook hands in agreement to whatever it was they discussed and she head back inside.

'Grandpa,..' he turned around without a bit of surprise. He must have seen her earlier.
'Leave for therapy when your lessons are done' he advised.
'What were you telling Mrs. Ketty?' she asked curiously ignoring him.
'It wasn't about you. Now leave for class before you get punished for sneaking out'
'Getting punished is the least of my worries now' she lashed and walked lazily inside.

Dr Moellmann's flat was an hour's drive from her school. She knocked on the door angrily, as if knowing she was the one, he quickly opened the door and directed her inside.
'welcome back' he said casually.
welcome back? Back to where exactly? She thought. She answered with a fake grin and gestured he should go on.
'Are you sure you want to go through this session consciously?'
He asked again penning something down on a notice paper.
'Look. Dr Moellemann, i'm not sure i understand what you mean. I wouldn't want to sound more disrespectful than i already am. Just go through this quickly so i can escape this hell room'
She lashed.
He gave her a questionnaire to fill
after  he had unsuccessfully hypnotised her into remembering the past as part of the therapy.
' You have been battling PTSD for sometime now but you have been so stubborn helping you is virtually impossible' he said softly hoping to get her attention.
'Okay thank you. That was so funny i forgot to laugh. Wait, i battle whaaaat?'
She was welcomed back to reality once more.
Dr. Moelleman pulled his seat closer to her and continued.
'Unless you are fully aware you need help and understand you are not okay, i might not be of any help to you' Dr. Moelleman concluded.

'What is PTSD?' she asked confused.

'Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Are you asking this again?.
You always ask whenever you have a session'

'Whenever i have a session? But today is my first time here' she murmured and felt scared.

'No, we've been doing this for three months now'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I noticed the many typos in the previous chapter, so sorry about that i hope you enjoyed it regardless.