Cheated and in Denial

A/N: I know you must hate me but celebrate i updated lol! sorry for the super long wait but i got distracted by my other stories and school but its summer! i've decided that I WILL finish this entire story (hopefully) by July 31, which is when my summer is over. so wish me luck and sorry for this sucky chapter hope it makes sense!

____________________________________________________________________

“Evy tell me what happened?” Sarah asked me as we sat across from each other, Indian style, on her bed. I blew my nose again into yet another Kleenex tissue that littered the entire area around us.

“C-Ca-” But before I could even say his name I broke down once more in tears and sobs racked my body. I didn’t understand what had happened.

Sarah had been trying to calm me down for the last hour and a half and I still was unable to tell her exactly what had happened and why I was such a mess. Sarah pulled me into her arms and hugged me tightly, rubbing my back and trying to comfort me any way she could.

“Evy tell me what’s wrong. I can’t help you if you won’t tell me,” She told me softly but at the same time commanding.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and wiped away the tears. I pulled away from her grasps and sat up straight and looked directly at her, trying my best to keep my composure even if only for a few moments.

“Caleb,” I finally was able to say before I was yet again overwhelmed with emotion and more tears began to stream down my face. What did I do? Why was he so mad at me? Was it a crime to have a meal with a friend? I buried my face into my hands and sobbed harder.

“What did that idiot do this time?” Sarah growled as she rubbed my back yet again.

“He-he’s m-mad at m-me,” I sobbed.

“Why is he mad at you Evy? There must be a reason.” She said soothingly.

“I d-don’t know, he j-just yelled a-at m-me on the p-phone,” I confided. 

“What?!” Sarah asked angrily. “Why are you with him Evy? He’s a bastard!”

I sat up straight to stare at my best friends face. Her eyes brows were scrunched together and her jaw was clenched, her blue eyes angry and daunting. Her free hand was in a tight fist and I could see that she was biting back a lot more colorful words that she wished to use to describe my fiancé.

“I love him Sarah,” I managed to say in a strong voice but it was still a whisper and the words felt thick on my tongue. Sarah’s expression softened.

“I know Evy; it’s just…damn he had no right to yell at you. He knows how fragile you are right now and he had the nerve?” She questioned me. “What made him start yelling?”

“I j-just told him that I was eating out with a friend. Then he asked me with whom and I told Caleb that he d-didn’t know him and as soon as I said him he got a-angry and accused me of, I don’t even know. He just started yelling at me than hung up and said he’ll talk to me later.”  I told her exasperated on the verge of sobbing once more.

“That insecure a$$hole! What did he think you would be doing? Cheating on him? Gosh he can’t even see how in love you are with him,” Sarah said and glanced at me but I turned away finding the painting on the walls very interesting at the moment. “Evy? You love him right?”

I turned back towards her and she raised her eyebrow.

“Of course I do, you know that Sarah. But it’s different, he’s different, I’m different. I don’t know it just weird. It’s not the same. It’s b-been bothering me lately b-but I know we just have to take it slow.” I expounded.