Freak Out

Dedicated to xonelove! just because she commented haha. i know im so weird but at least im happy haha!! coco for coco puffs! lol oh and bc she just became a fan!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caleb surprised me by picking me up two hours early. He said he got off early and wanted to do something with me until our dinner date. I agreed and quickly got dressed and we headed out.

--------------------------------------

I walked, hand-in-hand, with Caleb on the Golden Gate bridge. The sun was dipping into the ocean and the sky was stained with pink and orange. There wasn't a cloud in sight. Caleb and I stopped to watch the sunset. I laid my hands on the railing and leaned forward. Caleb wrapped his hands around my waist and rested his chin on my shoulder, holding me close.

"Do you think we'll see the green flash?" I asked him.

"Green flash?" He asked me clueless.

I sighed, how could he not know about the green flash?

"You know the flash that occurs right when the sun disappears?"

"Nope, never even knew that was real."

"You know my dad and I would come here when I was little and wait for the sunset, just so we could try and see the green flash." I said, reminiscing.

I could see the memory of my father and I. He lifted me onto his shoulders, telling me to hold on tight. As the sun would set he would point out towards the fading sun. Just as the sun would dip into the ocean, if you looked real closely, you could see a small green flash.

"Well why don't we try and look for this so called flash." Caleb said, chuckling.

I rolled my eyes, but focused my attention on the setting sun.

"Are you watching?" I asked Caleb, still focused.

"Yes, love." He replied, hugging me tighter.

His warm breath sent shivers down my spin. I ignored the sensation and watched as the sun finally vanished from sight. A green flash quickly coming into view on the horizon, but just as fast as it appeared it quickly disappeared.

"Did you see it?" I asked Caleb, happily.

"No." He replied.

I squirmed out of his hold to turn around and looked at him.

"You didn't see it?" I pouted.

I wanted to experience this with him, just how I did with my father. I wanted to remember this moment forever, however it was turning out to be a different memory then I planned for.

"No, im sorry. I just couldn't see it."

I looked away from him and peered at the other couples. One couple was looking into each other's eyes, as if they would never see each other again. Another couple was making out, and another couple was holding each other laughing. At least they were having a good time.

I didn't know why it bothered me so much that Caleb didn't see the flash. I mean it wasn't a super important thing that he had to see. I guess I just wanted him to see something that most others didn't see. I wanted something both of us could remember together that was different and special.

"It's okay." I replied, lying.

I managed to put on a fake smile. Caleb smiled back and kissed me. His lips were cold and hard. I let him kiss me as I tried to hold back a few tears. I closed my eyes, crying in the inside.