Pride.

'Love's gonna get you killed
But pride's gonna be the death of you and you and me
And you and you and you and me'

My head pounds as my left eye slowly flutters open, my right eye was swollen shut and filled with blood. Hearing a constant dripping sound I look at floor seeing a small pool of blood most likely pooling from my head since I was hanging from the ceiling. My whole body was chained up I couldn't move my arms or legs, I fucked up.

"I see you finally woke up" Ryan chuckles twirling a bat in his hands.

"Kilo, did you really think I wouldn't find out about you and my daughter?" King questions squatting down to my eye level, I stayed silent looking him in the eye.

"My daughter came to my house earlier crying, questioning her self worth because of you" He states rolling up the sleeves to his button up shirt before ryan passes him the bat.

"You're going to die for that" He swung the bat at my ribs and a cracking noise echoed throughout the room. I let out a bloodcurling scream, I knew my ribs were broken, I could feel it.

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't splatter your brains all over this concrete right now!"

He swung again hitting me in my stomach, I harshly cough choking on my blood but he showed no remorse as the bat came in contact with the side of my head and blood flew from my mouth. The ringing in my ears grew louder with each blow as he continued his assault, each swing more vicious and angrier than the last.

"ANSWER ME!" He shouts, coughing I spit out a clump of blood.

"I-If you k-kill me s-she'll never forgive you, and who's going to help her raise the n-newest addition to your f-family?" I chuckle spitting out more blood, my vision was getting hazier by the second and it was getting harder for me to breathe.

"Wh-- let her down!" In the next second my body was dropped harshly on the cold floor and I landed on my wrist, I felt like I was going in and out of life as I tried my hardest to keep my left eye open.

"Get her up and take her to the hospital, NOW!" He snaps before walking out the room. My body is lifted off the ground while my arms were thrown over two shoulders.

"Come on yo, you gotta use ya feet" I hear Ryan tell me, I didn't really know since the ringing in my ear was louder than the voice but I did my best to walk on my feet even though my legs felt like wet noodles.

We walk out a door and I was hit by a cool breeze before my body was shoved in a car, leaning my head against the window I tried not to close my eye as I felt the car moving.

"Aye even though you broke my sister heart and my dad fucked you up and shit I hope it ain't no hard feelings between us, I wanted to shoot you in the dick and call it a day they wanted to do all this extra shit" Renaldo spoke looking at me through the rear view mirror.

"Fuck y'all niggas man" I trail off as my breaths become shorter, It hurt to breathe so bad my lungs felt like they were on fire.

"See that's why you my nigga, I hope you don't die man"

I felt like I was but lord knows I wasn't ready too. I couldn't, I had kids to live for now.

"Nobody ever told you love will get you killed?" Ryan asks.

"We gotta love I'd die for" I whisper with closed eyes.

We drove for what felt like hours until the car abruptly stops and I heard car doors opening. My body was pulled out the car and layed out on the cold concrete before I heard tires screeching away.

"Are you okay, can you hear me?" A doctor rushes out opening my bloody eyelids boring a light into them.

"Who did this to you?"

"I-I did, I did this to me" I struggle out breathing slowly.

"Somebody get me a stretcher right now!"

"Keep your eyes open, your going to be alright" She spoke to me in a soft gentle tone, my left eye flutters closed as my breathing shallowed.

My body was lifted onto a stretcher and an oxygen mask was placed on my face as they hurriedly rushed me inside the hospital.