Wu-Tang Forever

'I just love when I'm with you, yeah, this shit is on ten, We used to be friends girl and even back then
You would look at me with no hesitation and you'd tell me baby, it's yours, nobody else's'

"I love you, I'll be back for you and your brother"

"You promise?"

"I promise"

"I love you mommy"

Snapping up I gasp for air, my heart was beating out of my chest as beads of sweat rolled down my forehead. Looking down at my shirt I was drenched in sweat and zara was stirring in her sleep. Carefully I slid from under her making sure not to wake her up as I got out of bed. Exiting the room I walked down the hall making turns as needed until I reached the top of the staircase, walking down the stairs I heard the elevator doors opening. 

Hearing tiny footsteps I smile as mireya appeared from around the corner.

"J!" She screams excitedly jumping in my arms and I pick her up.

"Was--"

"Aye where zara at?" I look over seeing mireya dad with a confused expression on his face.

"She upstairs sleeping" I tell him as his face turns into a slight mug.

"Tell her to call me when she wake up" He looks me up and down before turning around heading back to the elevator.

"Aye you not gone say bye to ya kid?" I shout, only to get no response, he must've been on the elevator already.

I chuckle shaking my head.

"Go upstairs and wake up mommy mymy" I put her down on her feet and she quickly complies running up the stairs. I continue my walk to the kitchen walking over to the sink I grab a glass cup from the cabinet over the sink.

Turning on the faucet I let the water run for a minute so it get cold before filling my glass halfway up with cold water turning the faucet off.

Bringing the rim of the glass up to my lips I drunk the water in big gulps feeling refreshed as the cold water ran down my throat. Once all the water was gone I let out a deep breath looking out at the city clearing out the millions of thoughts floating in my mind.

I would never be really mentally at peace until I went deep inside myself and confronted the root of my inner issues. The way I thought mentally, and the way I physically and emotionally treated people, all rooted from that one saturday morning.

"You always drown in your thoughts when you're alone" Zara spoke from behind me silencing my thoughts.

"That's why I don't like being alone, I can't swim" I smirk turning around taking in all her beauty, she had on one of my t-shirts with her hair in a messy bun. Simple, but enough to leave me breathless.

"So slick with the word's" She smirks walking over to the refrigerator.

"And it comes so effortlessly" I smile walking up behind her wrapping an arm around her neck, I press a kiss on the nape of her neck.

"You staying for breakfast?" She asks relaxing into me laying her head on my shoulder.

"I wish, I got some stuff to do but I'll be back tonight probably"

"No definitely. Guaranteed"

"No probably" I chuckle.

"You better come back"