Unexpected revelations

Ren walked into the elevator, feeling grimmer by the minute. He had come to the address Reino had given him and was now heading up to what was most probably the singer turned manager's apartment.

He had received a phone call from Reino that morning. A short and cryptic message, asking Ren to come over as he had some important information regarding Kyoko. If Ren hadn't been so desperately worried about Kyoko's strange behavior , he would have only come up to deliver a sharp blow on Reino's jaw.

The elevator doors slid open and Ren made his way to Reino's apartment. As he raised his hand to ring the doorbell, he had a faint feeling that something was not quite right. He didn't trust Reino one bit and his instincts nagged at him. But he put aside his fears, fully on guard and rang the bell.

The door opened slowly and he stepped inside looking around for Reino. To his surprise, there was no one behind the door! Before he could run for it, the door shut itself with a loud bang.

Ren felt an ominous chill run down his spine. There was an evil, managing atmosphere in this place. He silently cursed himself for coming all alone and unarmed . He slowly made his way inside the apartment and froze when he heard voices.

They seemed to be coming from inside one of the bedrooms. He cautiously went towards the bedroom door which was shut and pressed his ear to the door . There were sounds of laughter and talking inside. One of them was Reino and the other was..

Kyoko!, Ren realized. He pressed his ears closer and listened intently.

"That felt great Reino!", he heard Kyoko moan. "God..I thought I was in heaven.."

Ren clenched his fists, his heart pounding in anger. Heaven?

Reino chuckled and there was a brief interval of kissing And moaning. Ren was now at boiling point and banged the door open. He looked around and blinked. The room was empty!

"Show time over!", he heard a voice announce drily behind him. He turned to find Reino casually leaning against a wall, surveying him with amusement.

"You bastard!", he growled, stomping over to Reino, itching to break every bone in his frail body. "You brought me here to listen to a recorded tape of you and-"

"That was no recording.", Reino interrupted. "The voices you heard were live, Ren Tsuruga."

Ren stopped in his tracks and frowned. "What do you mean?", he asked, the anger still evident in his voice. "You mean to say there were invisible people in that room?"

Reino chuckled and strolled over beside him. Ren could feel a different aura about Reino since their last meeting. The man now seemed to be radiating some kind of power.

"I brought you here because I have something important to tell you concerning Kyoko.", he said quietly. "Something that concerns her life and safety..but you might find what I have to say so unbelievable and fantastic, that I had to do all this first in order to convince you."

He paused , looking piercingly at Ren. "Do you believe in ghosts and spirits?", he finally asked.

Ren stared at him in amazement. He had obviously not expected a discussion on the supernatural. But Reino was looking at him so gravely, that he could not help wondering that there was indeed something strange going on in that place.

"I never did.", he replied. "But something about your place makes me feel that I was wrong."

Reino waved a hand towards the door and Ren felt a tremendous wind blow through the apartment. It felt like a tornado inside. He tightly held onto the door frame when the wing suddenly died down. Reino closed the door and locked it.