Stalker turned Manager

Lory stretched himself as he lounged on his chair. He was dressed extravagantly as usual, with a pile of his favourite games on the table. He stared idly across the room, when there was a sudden knock at the door. He hastily put his feet down and sat up straight before saying, "Come in!", commandingly.

The door opened and in walked a young man, smartly dressed in a black suit. He was handsome, in a roguish way, and his blonde hair was tied back in a pony-tail, giving a cooler touch to his otherwise formal attire. Behind the glasses, were a pair of intelligent looking eyes, sharp and alert, but on closer look, a curious purple flame seemed to be dancing mischeviously in those eyes.

"Mr. Takarada,", he greeted the older man curtly with an extended hand. "It is a pleasure to meet you. I am here regarding a job."

Lory stood up and shook the young man's hand a little apprehensively. For the first time in his life, he felt intimidated by a young man and this frightened him slightly. Every inch of the man radiated some kind of a power and Lory found himself almost bowing to him.

"I see.", he managed to reply. "So, you are here about a job. And your name please?"

But his 'visitor' ignored the question as he gazed at Lory condescendingly up and down. Lory felt rather uncomfortable, like a naughty school boy being apprehended by his teacher.

"Is something wrong with my appearance?", he asked innocently.

The man's lips curled into a sneer, as he took in the extravagant pink clown's dress and ridiculous looking boots that Lory was wearing. "Everything.", he replied witheringly, making Lory want to crawl under a table and remain hidden forever.

"I expect you to get smartened up in", he glanced at his watch, "twenty minutes. Then we can get to business."

He looked at the President piercingly, gave a curt nod and left the room.

The door opened slowly, and Kyoko's head poked in, looking around the apartment warily. She tip-toed inside and locked the door behind her, before continuing to tip-toe inside as though she were walking through a mine field. She stopped dead in her tracks when she thought she heard a ' creak' and continued on her pace, looking around the apartment suspiciously for spooky apparitions.

The house was still chilly, but that evil, menacing atmosphere that had been there earlier was absent now. She breathed a sigh of relief and drew open the curtains, letting the sunlight flood the rooms. The temperature rose to a comfortable level, and for the first time the apartment attained the semblance of a 'home'.

Kyoko decided to wash her wounds again before getting ready to leave. She had left Ren's apartment early, leaving her note and ring by his side.

As she took off her clothes, she found that her wounds were once again, raw and red. After she woke up, she had felt a tingling sensation on the spots where the monster had touched her in her nightmare. Her bruises had worsened after that.

Kyoko let out a sigh of resignation. Does this mean I won't have any peace even in my sleep now? She thought irritably, mentally cursing the spirit. She gently scrubbed the bruises and dressed up before going to prepare breakfast.

Suddenly, her phone rang. She picked it up, her finger hovering above the 'Answer' button, when she saw who it was.

Ren Tsuruga calling...

"I'm sorry Ren..", she whispered sadly, disconnecting the call. "But I have to do this.."

She prepared a sandwich and was about to sit down to eat when her phone rang again. Kyoko felt her heart clench painfully, thinking it was Ren. But when she glanced at the screen, she frowned in confusion and surprise. It was the President.