13th REBOUND

13th REBOUND

With the cold sea breeze rushing through the back of his spine, and the relaxing ambiance the sunset has to offer, Jeron was beautifully relaxed while standing near the bay.

The sun was on it's way down when he realized how much he missed watching sunsets like he usually did before.

He didn't know how and when did he get there but he didn't even seem to care. The cold gust of wind and the relaxing ambiance was too beautiful for him to ignore.

After a few minutes of just standing and walking by the shore, he noticed 'three' tracks of footprints embedded in the sand.

One was large enough for him to know that it belong to a grown up man, but the other two were obviously owned by youngsters by the looks of it.

Jeron realized that the large footprints belong to him, but he can't help but wonder to follow the other two. By the end of it, he will surely find out the owner of the footprints.

He passed through a huge cliff, through slippery sea rocks, and pass through mind-blowing rock formations.

Jeron's chinky eyes grew big when he saw the little boy and girl again for the second time.

The girl was unconsciously lying by the shore while the little boy, which he remembered as the younger Jeron was crying helplessly by her side, he was accompanied by two of the resort's life guards, the one is pumping the little girl's chest hard, while the one is thoroughly rubbing Jeron's back, probably keeping him from breaking down at the sight of his childhood friend, who's at the brink of passing away.

Groups of people circled around them, which he soon recognized as his Mom, Dad and siblings, with such worried looks plastered on each of their faces. Soon enough, seawater were coming out from the girl's mouth, which made Jeron realize that the juvenile almost drown in the waters.

At the sight of the little girl waking up and became conscious, the younger Jeron wiped his tears away and ran as fast as he could, back to the Teng's cabin.

The family was obviously having their outing, and overnight stay at that resort, with Jeron's childhood friend with them.

A memory came flashing inside his mind, replaying the scene which probably happened earlier.

Jeron just stood there, glued on his feet while watching the scene earlier, as if it was one kind of a movie playback.

He found out that while the older Tengs are busy prepping for their early dinner, the two sneaked out from the cottage and quickly went to the shore.

"Look! There's a banana boat! Come! Let's ride it! It'll be fun!" The little Jeron said enthusiastically.

The girl first hesitated but agreed with him in the end, "Are you sure that you know how to operate this thing? Jeron baka malunod tayo!" The girl reprimanded him, quivering, the moment they hopped on it.

"Just trust me. I know how to ride this thing. Trust me Riri." Jeron replied assuringly.

"Riri, that's her name." Jeron thought to himself.

Without any life vests attached to them, Jeron started paddling and sailing into the deeper part of the waters, they were having a great time at first.

But a few minutes later, Jeron lost control of the 'paddling thing' and accidentally dropped it, leaving them 'paddle-less' into the warm waters.

The banana boat soon started tilting sideways until the two of them were thrown into the seas.