2nd REBOUND

2nd REBOUND

That same day...

Jeron and Thomas straightly headed to their campus' Gym right after that "incident." Thomas while driving eyed Jeron and said, "Paps! I think what you did to Mika earlier was not rightful."

Jeron just focused on the road while answering Thomas' query, "Paps come on! Ano namang hindi makatarungan dun? She's so desperate, alam mo namang ayaw ko sa mga ganung tipo ng babae, yung pinapangunahan ako."

Thomas smirked at his best friend's statement and said, "That doesn't change the fact that you still hurt someone's feelings. And that someone technically doesn't deserve that. Wala na siyang ginawa kundi ang mahalin ka. Paps come to think of it, siya lang ang tanging babaeng nagtiyaga sa'yo. If babae ako, why would I do that? I mean, not on the most stubborn guy I know!"

"Wow Paps! Harap-harapan talaga? And Paps, don't you get my point? I don't want that a girl is the one who's making the move. Atsaka, ano namang gagawin ko kay Mika, eh hindi nga siya ang gusto ko! And I'm really disgusted with the fact that she's head over heels sa'kin." Jeron said smugly

"I don't see anything wrong with that one Paps! You're blessed, mahal na mahal ka ni Mika. Eh ako nga, namromroblema pa rin sa'min ni Ara eh." Thomas remarked.

Jeron chuckled audibly with Thomas' expense and said, "Eh ginago mo naman kasi Paps eh. Pa-advice advice ka pa dyan eh pareho naman tayo. Birds of the same feather flock together!"

"And you're happy with that? Jeron, that's obviously not something to be proud of. And one thing Paps, I have my own reasons, sadyang ayaw lang makinig ni Ara sa'kin. But how about you? Why are you doing this to Mika?" Thomas asked him sincerely,

The mood inside Thomas' car suddenly became more serious. Silence enveloped the both of them for a few seconds until Jeron spoke up, "I just don't want her to get hurt."

Jeron's statement slowly dawned in to Thomas, even him. Awkwardness and silence enveloped the car. Both of them are just waiting for either one to speak up.

A few minutes later, Thomas started laughing audibly and hilariously. Jeron's chinky eyes also started to grew wide having been realizing the statements and words he just said.

"Paps! That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard from you! You don't want her to get hurt? *Chuckles* Oh come on, you've been hurting her from the very start." Thomas remarked while laughing really hard,

Jeron realized what he had just said. He quickly backed himself up and said, "Haha! I'm just trying to light up the mood Paps! Masyado kang seryoso eh. Just shut up okay? I also have my own reasons kung bakit ko inaaway si Mika, so back off!"

Thomas just heaved a deep breatch and looked at the way, he shook his head in disbelief, knowing Jeron for a long time, he knows that Jeron is a gentleman and has a soft spot for girls, EXCEPT for one, Mika Aereen Reyes. He felt sorry for his ex's best friend knowing that all Mika wants to do is to make his stubborn best friend feel loved and special. He also thought of possible reasons why Jeron hates her. "I don't see any reasons to hate Mika, she's the nicest girl I know. Gago lang talaga siguro 'tong si Jeron." Thomas said to himself, "I have to find a way to make Jeron fall in love with Mika, in that case, baka mawala na ang galit sa'kin ni Ara" he added.

The moment they arrived at the Gym. They were welcomed with a swarm of reporters with their cameras focused on Jeron and scribbling on their notes. A reporter from Rappler and Inquirer immediately asked their questions regarding that incident earlier. "Sir Jeron, we heard about what happened earlier, about you dumping Ms. Mika, ano po ba talaga ang dahilan niyo para dun?"

"Wala I just can't love her the same way she loves me. And hindi naman ako nagpapa-asa ng tao kaya as early as now, I'm dumping her!" Jeron answered confidently and braggingly as if he bagged the Most Valuable Player award this season. Thomas was really shocked with Jeron's statement. And without further ado, he clutched his best friends arm and dragged him into their locker room, leaving the still-not-satisfied reporters behind.

Jeron obvioisly shocked with Thomas' action forcingly took Thomas' hand away the moment they were in the locker room, their teammates who're still prepping up for their training were astounded the moment the two popped up. "Aray Paps! Ano ba?" Jeron complained while holding on his reddish shoulders due to Thomas's tight grip. "What the heck are you thinking Paps! I never thought you'd do that!" Thomas shouted at his best friend. "Do what?" Jeron asked dumbly while scratching the back of his neck. "Ba't mo sinagot ang tanong ng reporter na yun? Hinayaan mo na lang sana, hindi ka ba nag-iisip? Pinahiya mo si Mika Paps! Walangjo ka!" Thomas replied, anger was really evident in his tone. "She asked me, that's why I answered her query. And I was just telling the truth, ayaw ko lang talaga siyang paasahin sa lahat."

"The F! Ang gago mo pala talaga Jeron! Ewan ko ba kung bakit naging best friend pa kita eh!" Thomas shouted furiously making Jeron clutch the collar of Thomas' polo shirt and drawing him closer, their teammates, though shocked felt the tension growing between the two. Van and Norbert made their way and separated them. "Mga paps ano bang nagyayari? Kumalma nga muna kayo! Pag-usapan natin 'to?" Norbert demanded. "Just tell us what happened and we'll try to figure things out okay?" AVO seconded.

Thomas backed off and recomposed his self, he then turned to the two (AVO and Norbert) and then to Jeron, he released a deep sigh and then answered, "Sorry mga Paps!" He said, "Ikaw naman kasi Je eh, dapat sinabi mo na lang 'no comment' or something, di mo na lang sinabi yun, pinahiya mo si Mika paps eh!"

"O-kay? So what about Mika?" AVO asked again. Jeron realized Thomas' point ignored the two beside him and looked directly into Thomas instead, "S-sorry paps! I was just being honest that's all."

"I'm telling dichi about this." Thomas remarked and made his way to his locker leaving Jeron dumbfounded. Je was able to recompose a few minutes later and made his way to his locker as well. He took his sanitary and hygiene materials and took a pre-training shower. He was still putting on his gears when Coach Marco Sauler butted in, "Boys! Boys! Sorry I'm late, tara na! Mag-start na tayo. Begin with the drills!"

The team began their training as what their Coach ordered. Jeron noticed that the reporters earlier were nowhere to be seen. He let out a sigh of relief and then started warming up. Norbert Torres the Team Captain presided their training. They just did the same drills and same old routines. It lasted until 7:00 in the evening and then each of them went to their respective dorms and houses. Jeron can't keep his focus on the rode because Thomas' words continued playing in his mind. It bothered him since their training earlier, it bothered him a lot.

 "Ikaw naman kasi Je eh, dapat sinabi mo na lang 'no comment' or something, di mo na lang sinabi yun, pinahiya mo si Mika paps eh!"

Jeron finally came back to his senses when his phone beeped. It's a simple reminder, about their family dinner this evening. The Teng's are known for being very busy. Busy with the things they are attending to of course. Each one of them excel on their respective fields. Susan and Alvin are busy on their businesses all over Manila, Alyssa as well is doing great as the Chief Executive Officer in a clothing brand in New York, Gretchen and Jeric, are also doing great on their careers as Student-athletes. And lastly, Almira, who's working really hard in the fashion and modeling world. Though busy, the Teng's always see to it that they eat dinner together, except if someone has errands or is out of town of course, just like Alysh who's in New York. The Teng's treasure their dinner time because it's their quality time.

***

Jeron was greeted by their guards and maids the moment he got home, he greeted them cheerfully as well and headed straight to their dining room to let his parents know that he's home. The maids called his siblings to come down and eat. Jeric and Almira came rushing down  the hall making some noises. "Enebeh Shoti ang tagal mo! We're so hungry na kaya!" Almira complained while stomping her feet as she made her way to her place. Jeric uttered the same complaint as he sat on one of the chairs.

Jeron just chuckled audibly at his siblings' statements, this is what Jeron is thankful of, his family. He treasures them so much, but later on, he realized that his favorite sibling is still nowhere to be seen, "Where's Dichi?" Jeron asked. "Here" a cold yet familiar voice butted in, Jeron turned back and saw Gretchen coming, he ran towards her and hugged his Dichi, he then noticed that Gretchen looks so different or should I say disappointed of him. "Dichi what's the matter? May sakit ka?" Jeron asked worrying, "Nothing, I'm okay. Tara kain na tayo." Gretchen replied cold as ever.

The Teng's ate their dinner and had their usual sharing moments, "Shoti, how's your day? Is it going well?" Alvin asked his youngest child.

"Uhhh yes Dad. I'm doing great, nag-training lang naman po kami after school eh, yun lang" Jeron replied

"How about you Almira? I heard you have a new business venture daw. An online shop on IG? May customers na ba?" Susan asked Almira who was really delighted with her mother's query,

She shrieked happily and said, "Yes Ma! Kahit kailan talaga updated ka! Uy follow us ah, may mga umo-order na ri  naman! Nagcli-click naman ang business ko!"

"Uyy Al libre mo naman kami pag may time! May negosyo ka na pala eh, share mo unang kita mo! Haha" Jeric butted in,

"Whatever Ahia!" Almira remarked. The Teng's continued their chitchatting and their tete-a-tetes until Susan noticed her daughter Gretchen who's sitting beside Jeron.

"Dichi, are you okay? Kanina ka pa tahimik dyan ah! Is there something wrong?" Susan asked her just trying to make sure Gretchen is  okay,

Gretchen was about to say something when Jeron butted in, "Let's just call Kuya Nico Ma, baka maging okay na si Dichi! Uuuuyyy!" He said jokingly, trying to light up the mood and cheer her up. But Gretchen looked at him again with disappointment and rolled her eyes.

"I'm okay ma. I'm okay" Gretchen assured them, but Jeron knowing her so well is not convinced. He just kept quiet and let everyone finish eating, he just  decided to ask Gretchen later.

***

The Teng's finished their family dinner at exactly 9:00 in the evening, it took them so long to finish because of all the "kumustahans" and stuffs. Jeron finally found the perfect time to ask his Dichi who's in the veranda. He's really worried sick. Among the five children of Susan and Alvin, Gretchen and Jeron are the closest, they're really open with each other, and the both of them always see to it that he or she is always ready to listen whenever one has a problem. His Dichi has been his number one cheerer whenever he is feeling down, that's why Jeron acts this way whenever he sees his sister like this.

He approached her slowly and said, "Dich, can I have a moment with you?"
Gretchen then turned to her little brother and said, "Why?"

Jeron who was at the entrance of the veranda moved beside Gretchen and then spoke, "Are you okay? Kanina ka pa ganyan eh, and napansin ko ang sama ng tingin mo sa'kin. May nagawa ba akong mali?"

"Ba't ako tinatanong mo Shoti? Why don't you ask yourself kung may nagawa ka bang mali? Sa tingin mo, meron?" Gretchen then looked at her Shoti with full disappointment and disbelief,

Jeron easily remembered what happened earlier that made her disappointed. That incident he had with Mika, "Dich, I-I'm sorry." That was all Jeron can utter, he just shook his head and kept quiet and waited for Gretchen to speak,

"Shoti, bakit? What's wrong with Mika? Why do you hate her that much?" Gretchen inquired, the mood in the veranda got more serious than it is earlier. It took Jeron a short while before he answered,

"Why do I hate Mika? Why do I hate her? Bakit nga ba?" He asked his self and just sighed in disbelief,

"Shoti, you know what? Importante si Mika sa'kin, and everytime you do something harsh to her, nasasaktan ako. All she wanted to do is to make you feel loved, and special." Gretchen remarked,

"But Achi, I don't need to be loved and special anymore, because ever since, you, my family has been letting me feel that way." Jeron said defensively,

"But Shoti, hindi lahat ng oras ay mapaparamdam namin yan sa'yo, especially ngayon, malalaki na tayo. In the near future baka magka-pamilya na ang iba sa'tin. I always appreciate the way you treasure us, you're family. But sometimes try to think for yourself, maaaring napapasaya ka namin, but I want you to realize that you create your own happiness. Shoti, bakit mo ba pinagtutulakan ang taong nagmamahal sa'yo? Why don't you give her a chance Shot?" Gretchen told Jeron sincerely,

"I have my own reasons Dichi. Own reasons na hindi ko pwede sabihin sa inyo." Jeron replied calmly,

"Shoti, can you do me a favor?" Gretchen asked him looking directly into Jeron's eyes.

"What is it?" Jeron replied

"Please stop being harsh on Mika, hindi naman kailangang ipahiya siya eh kung hindi mo kayang suklian ang pagmamahal niya, that incident with the bloggers earlier, what Thomas told me? Mali yun Shoti, pinalabas mo na Mika is so desperate, to be loved by someone. Bilib nga ako sa batang yun eh, kasi kung ikaw lang naman ang magugustuhan ko? Isang Jeron Teng na selfish at stubborn? I wouldn't waste my time on you! But Mika, she's not giving up, that's how much she loves you. Importante siya sa'kin Shoti, lalo na't pinsan siya ng boyfriend ko. You know very well na inaaway ng Kuya Nico mo ang sino mang manakit kay Mika, pero di niya ginagawa yun sa'yo kahit ilang beses mo pa siyang saktan. Alam mo ba kung bakit? Kasi alam niyang mahalaga ka sakin, and hurting you hurts me as well Shoti. I hope you get my point, you're not like that. You're not the Shoti that I used to know anymore, that Jeron who's always been a gentleman, and doesn't address girls that way. Sana lang magbago ka Shoti, sana." Gretchen quoted and left Jeron behind, leaving him dumbfounded and nailing him on his position.

Tears of realization and disbelief are threatening to fall from his eyes. He just looked up at the starry sky and observed the sparkling stars in the heaven. Ever since, looking at the sky at night somehow eases all his burden. And he hopes that it is still effective until now.

"You are so selfish Jeron Teng." He told himself,

***

Author's Note

Hi Guys! Sorry for the super late update. Been very busy since my last update here, and since summer na I will try to update regularly. And ito muna priority ko as of the moment, pause muna ako sa isang story ko kasi nawawalan na ako ng ideas dun.

So how's Chapter 2? Magbago na nga kaya talaga si Jeron? Ano kaya ang own reasons na pinagsasabi niya?

Next Chapter will be all about Kiefer naman. Thanks for reading, God Bless!

Twitter: @victoriakleign | Ask.fm/coolspikerrr