Chapter 6

**guy in the picture is Roger**

*First Day of College*

__ Nicole's POV __

Me and my girls stayed up late last night. Ugh, I'm so tired... (yawn) 

Today is the first day of classes. I got up, took a shower, got dressed, pressed my hair, put on make-up, put on body spray, put on my jewelry, and painted my nails. And yes, beauty takes this long to get ready ;). 

I took a look at my schedule again. For this term, I have: Literature in the mornings each Monday, Wednesday,  and Friday; Calculus in the evening; and History and Chemistry on Tuesdays and Thursdays. My schedule looks super hard; Lord knows I'm not that great of a student. But whatever... as soon as my classes are done, I have dance class at 5pm!

*Literature class*

TEACHER: "...and that is what Shakespeare wanted to portray in his play 'Romeo & Juliet'! Any questions?"

STUDENT: "Yeah. Why exactly are we learning this?"

TEACHER: "Because learning about historical literature will help you with different life experiences."

STUDENT: "This is stupid."

TEACHER: "Then get out. There's always a place on the corner in front of the school where dropouts sell drugs..."

The class went silent.

NICOLE: (raises hand) "Sir, I personally find that offensive."

TEACHER: (sarcastic) "Oh, I'm sorry, Nicole. Do you have druggies in your family?"

NICOLE: (annoyed) "NO, but what if some people do? You can't just talk about peoples' personal problems--"

TEACHER: "Does anyone else think that I'm wrong for what I said?"

GUY: "I do. I agree with her. My mom was an alcoholic for years. That doesn't make her a bad person though."

TEACHER: "What's your name, young man?"

ROGER: "Roger Smith."

TEACHER: "Hmm. Well, Mr. Smith, I'm glad that you and Ms. Houston have the confidence to challenge me. What you will learn about me is that I don't care about anyone, and I say what I want to say when I want to say it. Hopefully you'll enjoy my teachings. (smirks) Anywho class, turn to page 235..."

*After class*

This teacher is a headache! I've never met someone so rude... and I thought I was rude! Man, I'm soo hungry. I needa get out of here fast--

NICOLE: (bumps into someone) "Whoa! Yo, move out the way please. I'm hungry!"

GUY: "My bad..."

NICOLE: (looks at him) "OH, it is no problem... at all. What did you say your name was?"

ROGER: "It's Roger. What's your name?"

NICOLE: "Nicole." (grins)

ROGER: "I just wanna say that the way you stepped up to the teacher, that was pretty dope. He's a tough one."

NICOLE: "Haha, yeah... you're not too bad yourself."

ROGER: "So, since you're hungry, how about I take you out to lunch?"

NICOLE: "I must say, you're VERY attractive -- but I'm not that easy."

ROGER: "Oh really? (steps up to her) Did I mention how beautiful you are?"