Chapter 9- Results

The clock is ticking. My cake is long gone now. Kyle is beginning to get tired and fed up. Who could blame her? The day was closing to and end and we were still waiting with 40 other girls for the results. The second hand on the grand clock above the counter where we had ordered our cake from, echoed through the hallways, slicing through the silent air with a rhythmic Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

"Alright girls here are the results" said a rather fat lady as she pinned them up on the board finally. Commotion suddenly broke out, we were like untamed horses galloping across a field, away from a gunshot and towards safety. Safety being that little piece of paper that would change my life. I was momentarily paralysed, but only for a second, I leaped up and ran for the board quicker than you could say, abracadabra. Because I got over to the board later than everyone else, many of the other competitors had seen it before me, many not liking what they saw. There were shrieks of joy and cries of annoyance, running over to parents and coaches in tears. By the time I made it to the board almost everyone had already seen it.

I scanned the sheet making a mental note of where people came. In last Jessica Martha, well we saw that coming, bla bla bla, twenty third, Ashley Steel, hu I thought she was going to do better than that, don't know them yeah yeah yeah, thirteenth, Sophia Shaer, wow she should be happy with that, oohhhhh eighth, Tabitha Balm, I though she'd make the team I wonder what she did wrong? Fifth, okay these are the people who are on the US team. Only then did I realize I hadn't found my name on the sheet yet. My head snapped up to the top of the sheet and that's when I saw what it said. On the top of the sheet, first place Jordyn Taylor.