Chapter 3- Holly

Kim and Jack tried to protect Jordyn as much as they could, but you can't protect someone from a heart defect that they've had since they were five. Everyone sat in silence on the way to the hospital, except Jordyn, who was whispering to her beloved teddy, Cuddlekins. She had insisted on taking him, and had refused to go into surgery without him, so Jack and Kim had managed to get her to agree that she could have him when she fell asleep and he would be right there next to her when she woke up.

If she woke up, that is.

When they finally arrived, it was very busy. Lots of little children were running around or crying. Kim spotted two people in the area where you could wait if one of your loved ones is in surgery. She recognised them as Holly's parents, another little girl with a heart problem like Jordyn. Holly and Jordyn were realy good friends.

Kim went over to them, and sat next to Jackie, Holly's mom. "How's Holly?" she asked sympathetically. 

"In surgery, she should be coming out in-" she glanced at her watch "-forty five minutes."

Kim turned to look at Jonathan, Holly's dad. He seemed to be restless.

"How long has she been in for?"

"An hour and forty eight minutes," Jonathan said before Jackie could answer.

"Good luck," she said, getting up. "Let me know how she gets on."

Jackie glanced up at Kim "Of course," she smiled, that same sort of smile Jordyn had last night, to hide the pain and worry. "Good luck for Jordyn as well but hopefully you won't need it," she said before looking down at the floor again.

"Thanks. Holly won't need it either," Kim said trying to be reassuring by putting her hand on her shoulder.

"I hope you're right," her was voice wobbly and on the verge of crying, so Jonathon got up to give Jackie a hug and she gratefully accepted it.

"It's all going to be okay, Holly's going to be fine if anything had gone wrong during the procedure they would have already come out to tell us." Jonathan spoke so calmly, it automatically soothed Jackie's worries. It made Kim wonder whether all men were the people who calmed their wives.

Then there was the all to familiar sound of the doors of the surgery rooms opening. They all thought of this as nothing good because Holly wasn't due out of surgery for a while. Jackie fell to her knees and began hysterically crying. Doctor Surgit came running over and knelt down to Jackie's level.

"Jackie, Holly is alive. Everything is all okay it went so smoothly that it didn't take long. I'm ever so sorry for making you think of the worst."

Jackie stopped crying and looked up at Doctor Surgit. "She's alive?" she whispered almost in disbelief.

"Yes" he said nodding and smiling.

Jackie gasped with relief and hugged Doctor Surgit so tightly, Kim thought she was strangling him. "Thank you so much!" she exclaimed, Kim got up and began walking towards Jordyn's hospital room, to tell them the great news and she hoped that in a couple hours that would be them.

 __________________________________________________________

Dedicated to pancakepanda44 for being awesome.

The picture is of Peyton List, who plays Holly Smith.