Chapter four- The rain

Chapter four

I opened my eyes to the sound of rain, figures. It was mid summer, sunshine wasn't a priority for nature at the moment. I sat up slowly moving my auburn hair out of my gray eyes and standing slowly, stretching. Rain always made me want to sleep in, not to do anything but lay around. Like mother used to do, she had kept diaries before she died and I had found them under father’s bed. She'd written about how she would sit around with dad on rainy days and tell story’s. They would predict what gender or what there child would look like, initially they thought I would be a boy with blond hair like my father in his younger days.

I looked out into the mud-soaked clearing. I still would have to work with that brat today, ah well. I changed pulling my emerald green cloak onto my slim shoulders and going down the hallway towards the dinning hall, the rest of the trainees where there, making a big fuss about something. “But, commander its raining!” Whimpered one as I entered the room, I noticed Levi sitting by himself at one of the tables, gazing off into the window as the rain splattered upon the glass like rows of melting silver. Erwin sighed “No, I don’t care if its raining if titans attacked and it was raining would you fight?” I demanded, the girl who spoke cringed slightly. “Y-Yes sir…” She said. He lifted his face to look down at her “Then training will not be a problem will it?” He turned towards me “I will assist with your regiments today Captain, since you have other matters to attend to.” He looked past me at the bored looking boy in the corner, who seemed oblivious as he stared out into the water covered world. “Outside, everyone now.” He said, I nodded following the group keeping an eye on Ackerman.

We all stood outside in the pelting rain “Today, we will be practicing basic martial arts.” Erwin said, a group of them let out a low moan sound “But sir, we already learned this in camp!” They cried, I listened to him hands behind my back. “Well, I want to see what you know” He said, I felt my hair getting heaver every second I was out here, I hadn't bothered to put my hood on. Erwin finished up and paired the groups, giving Levi to me. 

The boy frowned, lifting his fists and waiting I removed my cloak throwing it to the side in a flurry of emerald. The rain pelted down onto us creating mud puddles around us, Erwin stood by the door sheltered from the rain, we began. Levi smirked “I get to kick the shit out of the captain, lucky me” he sneered, I furrowed my scarlet eyebrows and went to attack him. I moved my right foot across the mud using the slippery ground to my advantage. Levi saw this coming and swiped his right leg out at me catching my right foot with it, intending to send me down. I caught his leg in my hand twisting it around and shoving myself at him sending him away from me. The boy regained his footing after sliding across the ground for about a foot. He panted slightly, smirking. “You pretty good for a ginger.” He snapped. I rushed at him again grabbing his torso and throwing him away by using my left forearm.

He grabbed at the back of my neck as I did this and sent me down, I put my hands out to shelter myself from the fall and rolled to the right as they hit the mud. I grabbed his hemmed coat and flipped him into my spot, causing him to fall into the mud and get splattered in the thick dirt. He sat there for a moment looking at his muddy clothing, standing and moving the dirt caked hair out of his blue eyes. He went for me again clearly to slow, I side stepped him and held out my leg causing him to trip and fall face-first into the mud. He crawled upward again, now completely muddy. I smiled teasingly at him, moving my rain-wet hair out of my face.

I offered the boy my hand, but he refused it and stood himself. “consider that your first lesson.” I said, he raised one of his thin black eyebrows at me. “Whatever.” He shoved past me and went to go inside, Erwin stopped him. “Not like that you don’t, your going to stand out here until the mud is mostly gone.” The commander said the boy wrinkled his nose and scowled. “No way, move old man.” He said, going to shove past him. But Erwin didn't budge, Levi was considerably smaller then Erwin and no match for him. “Stand out here until you learn respect then.” The commander huffed; I noticed some of the trainees had seen me kick his smart ass. Somewhere smiling, but I noticed Petra with a troubled look on her face. I turned back to my bratty pupil he had opened his mouth to retort, but second guessed it and groaned loudly then stomped back out into the rain and stood there with his arms folded, and a scowl on his face.

I smirked inwardly as I passed him, going inside as he glared into the distance. I changed out of my wet clothes ringing my hair out as much as I could to remove the thick dampness that hung to its scarlet surface. I yawned, noticing the group go inside. Leaving Levi to stand there by himself, on the way in Petra stopped to speak to him, he stared into the distance and said nothing she nodded and returned inside.

I raised an eyebrow and sighed inwardly standing up and stretching slightly suddenly Erwin walked into my room without even knocking. “Thanks for the warning.” I said quietly, he sat down on the chair next to my bed as I leaned on the wall. He seemed troubled “Well?” Erwin sighed, running his hands along his head. “They said they were having some trouble along wall Maria.” He said to me “They?” I asked. He sighed “Military corps.” I wrinkled my nose in disgust. Those lazy good for nothings, of course they would complain to us. I folded my arms across my chest. “What about it?” I asked “Don’t they just protect wall Sina?” I said. Erwin looked up at me, leaning forward putting his elbows on his knees intertwining his fingers. “That’s just it, I don’t know what they hell they are doing.” He said. I looked past him out the window into the pouring rain.

“They keep getting reports about people seeing a titan, but it doesn't do anything and its during the darkest time of night.” He explained “I believe they are just creating problems.” He growled, frowning at the floor. “Do you think we should go check it out?” I asked, he shook his head “Those idiots should do it.” I rolled my eyes “I think you should go check it out.” He said. I exhaled loudly in surprise “Nope.” I said quickly. He frowned “You’re the most qualified warrior to do it.” He said to me. I paced across the room “I don’t want to get involved with them.” I said. He sighed “I know, but it’s a sacrifice you'll have to make. More than likely it’s just the people being insane.” He said standing and walking past me putting his hand on my shoulder. “Why don’t you bring Ackerman with you, I think he could use it.” I raised my eyebrows “No way, he’s an ass-pain and never listens to the rules.” I said.

He was still outside when I looked out of the window, arms folded and glaring into the horizon. “You agreed to give him an attitude adjustment, at least get him to just follow orders without question.” He said “you'll leave in the morning.” I exhaled loudly as the door clicked shut. I went down to the dinning hall and Petra was waiting for me with a cup of tea. “I think you were a little harsh captain.” She said under her eyelashes not meeting my eyes.

“You really beat him up good.” She said, I chuckled softly “No, I went easy on him. I don’t want to damage the new equipment” I said teasingly Petra looked down “Is he still out there?” She asked. I nodded, looking towards the stairs. “I suppose I should get him.” I got up, leaving the steaming tea. Getting a towel from the closet that I passed.  Going out to Levi who seemed surprisingly calm standing in the rain I went over to him “Come on, you cant stand out here all day.” I said to him. Levi frowned as he heard me, his eyes had been closed. The soaked man walked over to me, sloshing in his completely ruined clothes. I handed him a towel he took it after a moment of hesitation. “Its not a weapon Ackerman, don’t seem so surprised.” I scolded. He snorted quietly but suddenly started removing his clothes I recoiled “Not here!” I yelped he smirked “Its just my shirt don’t be such a baby.” Then he covered himself with a towel and went inside.

What an ass.

AN

-

Listen to that song ;)