Part 12

I walked into my vocals class in a hurry. I needed to sit at the back. The last time I came in here, well nothing much happened. Sierra and her over dramatic self had me worried for nothing.

I shook my head as I placed my bag behind me. It had only been a few days since school started and I felt immediately close to Sierra. Her friends were still a bit uncomfortable with me but it was progress nonetheless. I also noticed her boyfriend, Chase, was just a natural flirt. I don't think he meant any harm and I'm more than sure he's head over heels with Sierra.

I heard chatter and saw people walk in. I particularly noticed Meg walking in with some of her friends. They came to the back and sat right beside me.

I don't know what she wants I thought to myself. I don't want enemies and I'm willing to reach my hand out to her if she compromises. If she thinks I had some feelings for José she wasn't exactly correct. I can't deny that his face and body were gifts from heaven but there was something about him that threw me off.

"Hey," I turned to see a young looking girl eyeing me, "your name is Soul right?"

"Yea..and what's yours?" I asked with a smile on my face. I assumed she was Meg's friend so I tried my best to keep a polite persona.

"Oh, my name is Sherry! It's nice to see a new student here. There usually isn't anyone new. Probably because Meg," she shot Meg a glare, "tries to scare people out of it."

This time it was Meg's turn to look at me. I saw her face contort in annoyance but then into forfeit. She let out a sigh and rolled her eyes.

"Okay listen Soul, let's just not get into any kind of shit okay? I apologize for what happened before. And I know you don't want drama either so let's just stop this before it becomes something else. I already have enough people to deal with." I sat there grinning. I knew she wasn't a bad person. But her attitude really did get to me on that first day.

"No worries. I wasn't going to get involved in anything regardless. So.." I looked around awkwardly. What do you do when someone apologizes? Shake their hand? Hug? Look away? I just sat there with an awkward look on my face. "I take it we're cool then?" I ended off lamely.

"Yea sure," she chuckled, "you should sit with us at lunch! I saw you with Sierra and her friends and not trying to be rude but it's hard to fit in with that group. They've already accomplished a group of their own. Although they're nice people!" Woah, why the sudden change of attitude? Though she was right, it was hard to fit in with them. And I had a good feeling that none of them cared about my new involvement. However, Sierra was still an amazing person and I knew I wouldn't break ties with her.

"I guess.. But Sierra is such a sweet girl. Anyways" I switched the topic feeling slightly bad for talking about Sierra and her friends, "so what do you guys have next? I have chemistry."

"Oh José has chem next too. Maybe you'll see him. I have gym next. And Sherry has it with me." José has chemistry with me? How come I've never seen him once in my class yet?

Guess I might see him this time around.

--

Don't hate me :) it's short. But it's getting there.