Part 2

A week and a half had gone by since we saw the house. Everything was now packed and ready to go. I couldn't believe I was moving today. After seventeen years in this tiny place I'm leaving. Leaving all of the wounds dented into my childhood behind.

To my surprise picking up all of the boxes to the moving truck was a breeze; I guess working out at the gym really did help.

Before I knew it, we were unloading at our new house. I stepped in; I took a deep breath in and let it out slowly with my eyes shut. It smelled like fresh cut wood, the way a new house should smell.

I brought all of my stuff up to my new room; big room; really big room. It even had a balcony!  I walked towards it and slid open the glass doors. My room was facing the backyard. Wow, what a sight. I could see our pool and the five acres of land.  This was a business sight and we were told that many people tried to buy this land but couldn't, since the house was a part of the land, they would have to take this house as well. I guess it was just our luck to get the land AND this gorgeous paradise.

I turned around, sliding the doors open again and stepped in. There was already a queen sized bed with four poles that came up each corner. I saw another unfamiliar door, so I walked over curiously and opened it. My eyes bulged out of my head and I gasped in total and complete shock. I never knew this was here; my own bathroom. I let out a chuckle shaking my head amazed, from what I used to have, to what I have now-  a walk-in shower, French bath tub, bowl sink. What more can I ask for?

                                                                       *****

It was dark out now, and our drivers helped us move everything in. My dad and I sat down at the dining table exhausted from all of the work we had done today. Now everything was set and in a ready-to-be-presented form. My dad gave me a sympathetic smile.

"Honey, I know how much you have been through.. we both have been through, and I know nothing can ruin this amazingly perfect day… but.. I... you... we... uhm…" He stuttered. He ran his hand up and down his face and then let his hands drop onto the table. What is he talking about? I thought to myself. I was getting a little nervous and anxious. Then he finally spoke after what felt like forever.

"But... uhm... I hope you know that there's a reason to why we moved." I let out a sigh of relief.

"Of course dad, we moved because we couldn't keep on waiting for mom. I get it. You actually got me worrying for a minute" I let out a small chuckle and smiled to him understandingly.

"No Honey, that isn't it..." I could see his eyes tearing up. Oh my god… my dad… was tearing up? No, no, no, no! That's impossible. My dad never EVER tears up. If he starts crying I think I'm just going to break down... what is he trying to tell me?!

"Dad.. just get to the point." I said frustrated.

"Yourmomleftusforsomeoneelse" He said it so fast I could hardly understand him.

"What?" My face was blank. No expression. No emotion. I felt like I had been betrayed for the millionth time.

"It's true; I called your grandparents- your mothers parents a few months ago... they told me she re-married. I was trying to contact her in any way possible, but every time I tried, someone would either pick up the phone or say they don't know who I am, or wouldn't pick up at all." He reached over to my hand and held it tightly. My face was still an emotionless expression. But I felt a tear fall down my face. I felt like someone had stabbed my hearted and then poured salt all over it. I felt like a small child who found out Santa Claus wasn't real. I felt like my world was falling apart just when it starting to improve. 

“Honey, please don't over think this. I just needed to tell you this today just so that you wouldn't always be on the wait for her. Just so you know, it's only you and me now. No more mom. No more waiting. Just get some rest and we'll talk about this tomorrow." He got up and hugged me tight.

I walked up to my room with tears falling down my face and yet, no expression. I walked into my room and collapsed onto my bed. Now I was balling. I cried for all of the moments taken away from me; when a mother went shopping with her daughter, when a mother helped her daughter out with boy trouble, when a mother helped her daughter out with school drama, when a daughter could confide in her mom. I cried for the dreams I dreamt. I cried for all of the times I would stare at the pictures of my mom. I cried for myself. I cried for when I had no one to turn to but my diary. I cried for the times I would get teased of being abandoned by my mom. Now all I felt was hate. I realized that dreams don't always come true.

                                                      *6 Months Earlier*

We were in English class and the bell had just rung. Everyone was finding their seats. Our teacher, Mr. B started to get his stuff out. He took attendance and started to write something on the board.

It read:

For career day you must spend a day at work with each of your parents.

He read it aloud for us and then went in alphabetical order of the students last names so each student could stand up to say what their parents do. I was panicking, what would people say about me? I don't even know what to say about my mom... uh oh... what do I do?! I can't- d-

"Ms. Paris?" Crap. That's my last name. “Please proceed" He motioned for me to stand and leaned back in his chair. I stood up slowly. I could feel all of the stares burning through me. I swallowed hard.

"Uhm... well… my dad is a fitness trainer but my-" I was cut off by a huge snort before the whole class burst into laughter.

"Well obviously he's not a good one if his daughter looks like THAT." a boy named Jesse eyed me head to toe. He was one of Ashton’s friends... what a surprise. That comment earned him about 3 high fives. I put my head down.

"Jesse, please don’t make any comments like that." Mr. B spoke sternly, then gave me an expectantly smile. Damn his teeth were white...

“Well-uh-my-mom-it's just-well-she..." I was at a loss of words.

"What’s wrong Soul? Did she leave after seeing what she gave birth to?" Ariel, a snob interrupted. Her voice was annoying. What I found funny was that my mom actually left... but god knows for what reason... Ariel’s plastic friends laughed with her and the boys applauded. I sat down even though Mr. B was telling me to keep going.

                                                       *Present Day*

I was now laying in my bed thinking back, and remembering the humiliation I went through for the witch, I call mother. I started to cry... and kept just crying... and crying… and crying… and before I knew it, I cried myself to sleep that night.