Part 4

His eyes, those caught my attention, they were beautiful and shimmering. They weren't grey, or green. They were like the Caribbean ocean on the finest day.  They were like nothing I had ever seen. I just stood there, absolutely shocked. I wouldn't call him hot, he was... just... wow. Even my thoughts had become speechless. His hair was a brown, not brunette, not black, but the darkest, richest, brown and his body; to die for. He was wearing a long sleeved V-neck; white V-neck. It hugged his body, I was hypnotized. My eyes were glued to his scenery. 

 "This must be your daughter?" The older man said. I could tell they were father-son in a heartbeat. They looked very much alike, except the older man had light brown eyes, and his skin looked a little worn out. 

 “Soul, meet Mr. Vasquez, and his son, José," My father beamed at me. 

 Wow. José Vasquez. You're beautiful. 

 "José, Mr. Vasquez, this is my daughter, Soul." Mr. Vasquez held out a hand and I hesitantly shook it, keeping my eyes glued to José. José held out a hand to me, and I just stared. He was smiling, but for some reason, his smiled looked forced. Almost as if he didn't want to be here. I was then shaken from my thoughts when my dad cleared his throat. I took José's hand, and he shook it, gently. 

 "It's nice to meet you Soul. You must be excited, moving into this great place. It's wonderful isn't it?" Mr. Vasquez smiled at me, and I just nodded back, smiling a bit.

 “Soul, why don't you show José around? Mr. Vasquez and I have some talking to do." My dad spoke, he gave me a reassuring smile. Wait... what? Show him around? I can't even look at the guy properly, and you expect me to show him around? Not cool dad. Not cool. I nodded my head, although I was ready to go run to a corner and sit down. 

 "José run along now." Mr. Vasquez chuckled as he spoke. 

 I started up the stairs, and I heard José walk behind me. I was so nervous. This boy behind me was the most amazing thing I had ever seen. I could feel my back burn up by that thought. 

 "Uh - well - uhm - I'm -" Dammit. I was stuttering. Someone strangle me.

 "Nice house." He spoke flatly, and turned around and walked down the stairs, not caring about the fact that I was trying to talk. How rude. Maybe this guy wasn't all of what he seemed.  

 "Thanks.." I spoke quietly to myself. I was alone upstairs now, and I felt like the biggest idiot on planet earth. I saw him walk out the front door, and dial someone’s number. He was talking on the phone. Are you kidding me? What the hell was his problem? That was so un-called for. This stupid son of a gun, spoilt little brat, comes up here, and completely shuts me down? I mean, I understand I'm not amazing looking. Nor do I have skills with talking, but still! That was so mean. And over on top of that, he left the door open. 

 I went back downstairs too scared to face him. Instead I turned the other way and went back to the living room where my dad and Mr. Vasquez were talking. 

 "Soul, I thought I told you to show José around?" My dad looked at me, worried. 

 "I guess he got a phone call. No big deal, I'll show him around some other time, maybe." Yeah right. I hate him already, although his face and body were like drugs. 

 "I am so sorry Soul, ever since the last few months of school he's been on that phone forever. It could possibly be because of his girlfriend... “Mr. Vasquez whispered the last part.

 Girlfriend? Oh great. I wonder how pretty this girl is to get a guy like José. 

 "No worries, I'll just go to my room, and finish unpacking some of my stuff. " I lied. What stuff? I unpacked every single thing I owned, so instead, I just went to my room and listened to my IPod. Oh how I love my IPod. If I didn't have it, who knows where in life I would've been. While listening to my IPod, I thought about what my dad told me yesterday. This ruined my mood. 

 I felt my eyes burn up at the thought of her; mom. Stupid, stupid, stupid me. Why am I sad? I'm sick of being sad. You know what? I'm just going to take dad's car, and go somewhere. Anywhere.

 I jumped into my closet, and picked out an outfit. A cheetah printed scarf, with light blue jeans, brown shirt, with a black cardigan on top. I put my brown hair into a pony tail. I picked up my bag, and ran downstairs. I put on my gold gladiators, and swung open the door, and guess who I forgot was standing right in front of the door? José. Oh beautiful José, it's only been a minute since we've met, and I'm already falling for you.

 We bumped right into each other, causing his phone to fall.

 "What the he-" He stopped and stared right at me. Eye to eye. I was once again hypnotized with his beautiful eyes. I quickly tried to erase my thoughts after remembering what he had done. As hard as it was, I broke eye contact. 

"Aren't you going to pick that up?" I said with one brow up.

"Oh, yeah." He said quickly returning to his flat tone. "Sorry babe, my phone just fell. Nothing. It was no one." He spoke as he looked me up and down. I suddenly felt self conscious and ran to my dad's red car. I could feel his gaze burn into my back, so I hurried along, and climbed into the car, I drove away, phased by what just happened.