Chapter 3

Three weeks later, two weeks after classes started and the first night of the first band party, I was sitting in my apartment with Cassie and two of our trumpet friends, Gretta and Alexa. My two roommates, who were brothers in the band fraternity, Adam and Justin, were sitting with us. We were pregaming for the party, my apartment only a few blocks over from the sax house that was throwing the party. I didn't realize Cassie took my phone.

"Oh that's beautiful," she said.

"What the fuck! Give me my phone back." I snatched the phone out of her hands to see she had sent a snapchat to about twenty people. "What did you send?" Everyone started laughing.

Cassie pulled her phone over to show me. It was a picture of me with the bottle in my mouth, like I was sucking on it, with the caption "I wonder what's on Alex's mind."

"Bitch," I said, but laughed. I had absolutely no fear that people thought I was gay. Girls in the band liked me, and some people thought I actually slept around. Nobody would think of it. Pretty soon I started getting a few replies, but it was when I got one from Garrett that made me pause, say I had to go to the bathroom, and leave. In the bathroom I opened it up and it was a picture of Garrett with red eyes, smiling, shirtless. It read "there's a first for everything."

I spent ten minutes trying to take a picture to reply. Was he drunk? Was it okay to send him a partially nude pic? Or was he high? Did he even smoke? Was it okay? I was taking too long since opening his pic. I sent him a pic of my bare feet on the tiled floor saying "I was going to call you." After sending it I couldn't help but think he wasn't going to get what I mean. It was the last thing he said to me so he would remember right?

He replied. I opened it and blushed. He was wearing only a towel on his hips, his eyes still red. He had a nice body, not as well defined as mine and much stronger than I remember from freshman year. He had nice pecs, and there were slight love handles on hips. Cute. He had abs, and I knew having a year of drum major under his belt helped him sculpt. He said "you should join me in the shower."

I didn't know what to say so I just sent a pic of the wall saying "are you drunk?"

He replied quickly, a look of confusion on his face in front of a bathtub. "You don't know how sending nudes works."

I grew even more red. I didn't like not knowing things. I was adamant. A few seconds later my clothes were on the floor and I was standing in front of my own bathtub. It wasn't easy and I didn't know how to pose, but a few minutes later I sent him a pic of myself holding my crotch saying "meet me at the party."

He replied with a picture of himself in the shower. He held the phone up, the water splashing onto his torso. He was fully nude and I was getting so red, not hard yet. I was getting turned on and my heart was beating faster. I smiled to myself, not because of Garrett. It was fun. He looked good. He had a beautiful face, and he said "fun fact: you are actually surprisingly sexy Alex."

I sat on the edge of the bathtub. I looked away from the camera, licking my upper lip. I held the phone lower, looking up, still not showing my crotch. "Another fun fact: I'm hard." It was actually a lie. I was turned on but not getting hard. I couldn't do that.

"Alex?"

I jumped off the bathtub and choked out, "Yeah?"

"What are you doing? We're going to leave soon." Cassie said.

"Okay, um...I was taking a dump."

She laughed, tipsy. "Thanks for sharing. Hurry up."

I put on my clothes and then felt stupid in my clothes. I wanted to look good. I ran back to my room and looked through my closet.