Chapter 9

Check out the trailer above! It's a character trailer for Alex, portrayed by Colton Haynes! The trailer was made by @Dredge116 ❤️

-

The next day we were on a two hour train ride to Chicago. We had a week of break left and he said he was only coming down for a New Year's party. I had never been to Chicago even though a $20 train ride was only two hours away.

"What's your favorite store?" he asked.

"I don't know. I don't really shop that much," I said. "Why?"

"We can go shopping."

"I don't have any money."

"I do. It can be a Christmas present. Richard gave me some gift cards but I don't really need any new clothes. You could use some."

I put a hand to my chest. "Excuse me? What's wrong with how I look?"

He smiled at me, looking me up and down. "It's not you. If I recall, you said you wanted to dress more androgynously."

I smiled too, looking at the passing towns out the train. "Yeah, I did."

"Don't let anything hold you back...including money. Whatever you want you can have it. You deserve it." He grabbed my hand. "You're allowed to be yourself, and I'll be there to support you and put haters in their place."

I leaned into him. "My knight in shining armor huh?" I asked.

"Whatever you want." He kissed me quickly, in front of people on the train, my first public kiss ever. Nobody paid attention. I kissed him deeper.

He took me to the seven story tall Macy's. I was stunned. What the hell did the Macy's at the mall I went to have? How could a Macy's have this much stuff? We went to the men's department and at first I was shy but then I had a cart full of different stuff I wanted to try on. I really liked fashion, and I wanted my wardrobe to be redone. At the end of the shopping trip I had twelve new shirts, nine new pants, three new pair of shoes, two jackets, and three cardigans. We hailed a cab and went to his guardian's place. I wanted to put on a new outfit. A lot of my stuff was black and white and denim. Very 90's. I bought a pair of black ankle boots, brown timbs, and white sneakers with black stripes. 

As for pants I bought a pair of "boyfriend jeans," black pants that stopped above the ankles, blue denim cut off shorts, black shorts that stopped mid-thigh, khaki shorts that stopped mid-thigh, gray dress pants that also stopped above the ankles, blue jeans, gray sweatpants, and light blue pants. I bought a leather jacket and a denim jacket, already having a brown leather jacket and a bomber jacket at home. I bought a grey cardigan, a black one, and then a navy blue one, all of which were loose on me. My shirts were a variety, some just t-shirts, button downs, flannels, sweaters. I decided to change into my black pants and black boots, wearing my navy blue sweater that was slim in the waist but exposed a lot of my shoulders.

I looked damn fine, and Garrett thought so too.

"You look hot," he said. "It's very you. A little androgynous."

"Thanks, just wait until it gets warmer and I can wear my shorts," I said, pulling on my sweater. It was also a little longer, making it a little feminine. I was feeling myself.

"Looking forward to it."

I climbed on top of him as he sat on the couch. "Thank you for buying all of this." I held his cheeks in my hand, kissing his face. "I've never been this spoiled. The most expensive thing my parents bought for me was that car, but that's only so they don't have to pay for me flying or drive back and forth."