Twenty-One

Photo collage of Jax, Brian, Jay, Max & Evans

Music: Love me like you do by Ellie Goulding (Cover by MAX and Madilyn Bailey)

Parker capital, named after its owner Brian Parker, officially started operations when Brian founded the company at nineteen.

He'd developed a knack, in his teens, for discovering lucrative business opportunities and turning them into small profit making ventures and his big break had come when he'd invested all that he had in a failing real estate firm, earning the attention of the company's competitors as well as the media's scrutiny for investing in a failing business at a time when its industry and market were down.

But that initial media scrutiny had worked out in his favor, and had proved to be his shot to fame on the New York corporate scene, as it followed his progress from that point on.

By the end of his first year at the helm of the company, he'd managed to turn a small profit, and within two years, he'd turned the entire company around, tripling his initial profits and stamping his company's name on the corporate New York's real estate scene.

Over the years, he'd gone on to purchase a couple of other small businesses, reviving their earnings and growing their operations and had slowly begun to earn the attention of other CEOs within corporate America, and a reputation as the serial entrepreneur with a midas touch.

Most of the businesses he acquired and revived, he sold, and invested part of the earnings in yet another venture, only keep a few companies for himself.

The companies he kept, he grew and expanded, until they'd begun to gain both national and international recognition, and then, like the rest of his friends had done with the companies they owned, he'd franchised his company's names, receiving royalties from corporations around the world for their use of his trademark.

With his continued success and growth, his net worth had risen on a steady incline, and it was in times like these, that his success and wealth, and that of his friends', came in handy.

As much as they all possessed impressive wealth Individually, when merged, their collective wealth was a force to be reckoned with.

Over the past several weeks, Brian had begun making moves to acquire major control over an energy firm based in the US, in which Fred Whitfield was a minority shareholder.

This company, though small, had been raking in millions of profits every year since it had begun operating, and as expected, most of these profits went into the pockets of the shareholders at years end.

He'd discovered, that the earnings from this firm, along with those from his legal practice, was what made up Fred Whitfield's income, and it was here he planned to land his next blow.

His objective was to take away everything that mattered most to Whitfield. His career, his wealth, the respect his name garnered in social circles, and his comfortable cushy lifestyle. A lifestyle he didn't deserve to enjoy after decades of destroying so many other lives.

Although Whitfield had the luxury of his parents fortune to fall back on should anything suddenly hinder his regular source of income, as far as Brian could see, that little eggs nest wouldn't last quite as expected once it came under the weight of the legal bills Whitfield would inevitably face over the coming years, with the women he'd allegedly violated in the past, who were currently still coming out in droves.

Brian had had his lawyers file a class action suit in defense of these women who had come and were still coming forward, and who were willing and legally able to sue, depending on the statue of limitations provisions on their claims. And while his lawyers had focused on that, he'd turned his attention to getting the control he needed, over the energy firm from which Whitfield was currently earning a lucrative source of income.