Chapter 7

Court Day

Heaven pov

Today we're going to court and Im actually very nervous. Im ready for her to see her go away and get what she deserves but deep down in my mind I dont want to see her go.

"Heaven are you ready?" dad asked

"Almost."

"Well hurry up. We dont want to be late."

"Ok."

I finished my hair amd went down to the kitchen. Everyone was down there waiting for me. After I spoke to everyone, we left and went to the court building. The closer we got the more nervous I got. When we parked everyone got out but me.

"Come on Heaven." Bey said.

"I cant."

"Why not?"

"I don't want to see her get sent away. It was bad enough that I had to see her in jail."

"But I thought you were ok with being here?"

"I was until now. Bey I don't want to do this ."

"Heaven you can. I know you don't want to do this, but you have to. Its the only way she will get what she deserves."

I nodded my head and got out. People were taking pictures of us and asking a million questions. We ignored them and walked to our courtroom. We sat down and waited for them to start, When the judge came out we began.

"I would like to call Heaven Knowles to the stand." Her lawyer said.

I looked at Bey and she told me to go. I nervously walked to the stand and sat down.

"How are you Heaven?"

"I'm fine."

"Good. How well did Ms. White treat you?"

"She was a nice person but a horrible mother."

"Horrible? How?"

"She abused me. She gave me drugs and when I got older she would hit me because I refused to take what she gave me."

"Do you remember what she gave you?"

"No but-"

"So how do you know they were drugs?"

"Because what ever she gave me act crazy. And, she stuck me with needles."

"What else did she do?"

"She verbally abused me. She made me feel worthless and unwanted."

"Is that all?" the judge asked.

"Yes sir." she sat down and mike came over to me.

"So Heaven you said she verbally abused you, correct?"

"Yes."

"What were some of the things she said to you?"

"She said no one wanted me and no one loved me. And she said that she should've left me where she found me."

'"Did she talk to you like that often?"

"Yes."

"Was she ever a good mother to you?" I looked over at her and sighed.

"No."

"Why not?"

"Because she ruined my life. She took away 16 years that I can never get back. She ruined everything." I broke eye contact with her and looked away.