Chapter 3

Heaven pov

I haven't been to camp in 3 days. My mama has been home everyday all day. She wont even let me get a breath of fresh air without watching me.

Monday when I was in my room, I found a number to a Detective Miller. She was the lead detective on Beyoncé's case. I called the number but when I started talking to her she seemed confused.

Flashback

" I need to speak to Detective Miller please."

"This is her."

"I may have some information on a missing child." I said. I was beyond nervous. I still cant believe this is all really happening.

"Ok. What do you have?"

"The child is now 16 years old. Her birthday is January 7, 2001. And she lives in the Brooklyn area."

"Who is the missing child?"

I took some deep breaths. I knew that questions was going to come up.

"Me."

"What's your name?"

"Heaven Knowles."

"Are you hurt? Where are you? What's your address? How-"

Before she could finish asking all of those questions I hung up because my mom walked in.

Flashback over

Long story short, my mom found out what I did and took my phone and locked it in her safe. Now anytime the phone rings she jumps up and answers it before I even get up. This has been a very boring 3 days for me. All I do is watch tv or read a book. Did I mention that she got the cable turned off and she took my laptop? Yeah she did and I feel like I'm in jail or a detention school or something.

I'm currently sitting in my window seal reading a book. All of a sudden I seen black SUV's pull up. It was about five of them and five squad cars. I wasn't even confused about what was happening. To be honest, I've been waiting for this day to come. I already had my bags packed so all I had to do was walk out. I seen Bey and Jay get out of one of the SUV's and walk over to one of the officers, I could tell she had been crying and had been crying for days because her face was really red.

"Get out of my house!" my mom yelled.

I knew they was in here so I went ahead and got my duffle bag. Then my door shot opened.

"I'm ready." I said. The officers were surprised. We walked out and I seen my mom, or should I say Cassandra , fighting the officers.

"Heaven! Help me!" she begged

All I did was look at her. I'm not helping a criminal. I walked over to Bey and Jay.

"So...." Jay trailed off. Me and Beyoncé just stared at each other.

"Heaven please!" Cassandra yelled. I looked at her and mouthed no to her.

"Please." she asked.

"No! Leave me alone!" I yelled back at her.

I turned around and got my bag and got in the truck. Bey and Jay did the same. He told the driver to take us to their house and we left.

The car ride was pretty awkward. I was staring out the window for most of the ride but I could feel Beyoncé staring at me. Jay was on his phone and he would occasionally show Bey some things but he wast really interested in it.

When we finally made it to their house, we walked in and Blue ran over to me.

"Heaven!" she yelled